my bass amp has an fx loop on it, one for input the other for output. I was wondering if there was anyway that i can get all of my pedals connected and then just plug them into those two sockets, just plug my bass into the amp and still have the pedals effect the basses sound? if anyone understood that explination and can answer it, please help.
...thats the idea. now whats the problem?

...although i find some effects work better out of the loop.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
thats what its there for. FX Send > pedals, pedals > FX return
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
its just, i was sitting there with my effects all hooked together and they were hooked up to a little 15 watt fender. about halfway into the song, i noticed that my volume was lacking, so i unplugged the effects and plugged my bass into the amp and i almost fell of my stool from the volume. So i was wondering if by hooking the pedals up to the fx loop, if i could not only still effect my basses sound and tone, but also still be able to hear everything when the pedals are off.
There shouldn't be a sound difference with/without pedals...you sure they weren't all set to really low volume or something?
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
yes, it wont turn anything off if you turn the pedals off. it runs parallell to the signal.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
hmm...im not really informed with all the electronics stuff, but ill work on it tonight, maybe ask my dad if he can help....hes an electricianall like dude.
Yes when pedals are run thru the effects loop, and they're turned off, you have bass signal with no effect. Are your effects powered by batteries? Sounds like a power, or cord problem affecting the volume, or level setting on an effect. Timed effects, flanger,phaser,delay,etc. usually run thru the effects loop. Personal preference is what matters most. Experiment.