I consider myself a pretty good guitarist, i have been self taught. Dont know how to read music though but that never stopped eddie VH. The only thing i suck at is speed picking, i really want to get it down so i can learn that fast picking part from eruption.
plz help out if you have any techniques i can learn or something.

learn scales and practice going through them really fast. that way you have something you can solo AND can do it quickly. or get the john petrucci book. it's so so good, so many good exorcises.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
u have to learn to legato and alternate pick for the best speed picking. check out some of John 5's work such as "flatlines, thin lines", it has legato and alternate picking in it. and once you learn to legato pick, learn the pentatonic scale and legato pick it every time you play guitar.
Last edited by Knives490 at Aug 15, 2006,
can someone lay out the meaning of these picking words. Nobody ever tought me how to pick correctly oh well.....
Quote by lokimlin
I consider myself a pretty good guitarist, i have been self taught. Dont know how to read music though but that never stopped eddie VH. The only thing i suck at is speed picking, i really want to get it down so i can learn that fast picking part from eruption.
plz help out if you have any techniques i can learn or something.

• Correct practice.
  • Slow practice.
  • Fast practice.
  • Microscopic mind & body awareness.
  • Concentration.
  • Patience.

That's all you need...

Quote by Knives490
u have to learn to legato and alternate pick for the best speed picking. check out some of John 5's work such as "flatlines, thin lines", it has legato and alternate picking in it. and once you learn to legato pick, learn the pentatonic scale and legato pick it every time you play guitar.

What the hell is legato picking when it's at home?
Quote by Johnljones7443
  • Correct practice.
  • Slow practice.
  • Fast practice.
  • Microscopic mind & body awareness.
  • Concentration.
  • Patience.

That's all you need...

Exactly, 2nded

Though I think speed is overrated, Accruracy is what you should be shooting for first
one word for u METRONOME use a metronome to build speed, worked for me and lots of other people, as for the others just do wut the other doods said above
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.