FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
The guys from meshuggah have 8 strings and one is made by ibanez but i couldnt find it on their website
you could have an 8 string guitar as well....
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
conklin i know will make them. you could go to luthier and have them build one.
the college im going to attend has seen some of their students do 8 string guitars, the old fart teacher didnt understand why you would want 8 strings. (he works at fender, and is a traditionalist.)

BTW, they are tuned BEADGBEA for the formerly uninformed.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
conklin i know will make them. you could go to luthier and have them build one.
the college im going to attend has seen some of their students do 8 string guitars, the old fart teacher didnt understand why you would want 8 strings. (he works at fender, and is a traditionalist.)

BTW, they are tuned BEADGBEA for the formerly uninformed.

Now that I didn't know. Thank you for educating me ever so slightly. I've never fully understood why the almost all guitars basses with extra strings are made for heavy metal. Why does everyone have this weird lower = heavier thing going on? It doesn't necessarily follow...
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
i dont know if that is sarcastic or not.

but its one higher (A) and one lower (B) so you can shred even higher, which sounds weird and get some massive low end.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I wasn't sarcastic, sorry. The internet's main failing, is that.

I understood that it's a lower B and higher A, it's just that I also think an extra B string would be useful for the kind of crazy slap/pop funky things I like to do (yes on guitar, deal with it), and any extra strings would be cool for coming up with new chord shapes or whatever, rather than just the same old pissing around with thicker powerchords and whinier shred, y'know?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Now that I didn't know. Thank you for educating me ever so slightly. I've never fully understood why the almost all guitars basses with extra strings are made for heavy metal. Why does everyone have this weird lower = heavier thing going on? It doesn't necessarily follow...

Well, that seems to be the way of newer metal bands. Always trying to out-heavy each other. I do play a 7-string, but I use the whole damn thing! I enjoy the lower tuning, but I also like to have my normal range of shred as well.