"Why are bands finding it harder to play?? This is why ...
Body: Repost: Idiots wreck the all ages scene More than the COPs

Body: A band called IMPENDING DOOM lit off a series of M80 style fireworks in the parking lot of the Restaurant across the street of the SSMA 8/14/06. this caused the arrival of Police and cause for alarm for the whole neighborhood. Bringing considerable scrutiny upon the show and the space. The show was cancelled and all future shows are in question. Our main concern is not being Evicted, all ages shows must come second. Please repost contact here for all questions. Acts of miopic violence do nothing to further any community bent on change, blowing up pretend munitions in a parking lot full of expensive cars is a pretend statement that only cripples the oppressed community you pretend to support. I of course only aim that at Impending doom and shortsited punks like them.

malaki, capt. SSMA"
its a global massacre
Last edited by planetary ruins at Aug 15, 2006,
I can't stand that ****. Shows with age limits are (I hate to say this) WAY better than all ages shows. Even if it's just 16+ you can bet that there won't be nearly as much bs to put up with.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
whoever wrote that would hate cleveland. were all about the fireworks. Except we dont get introuble because the shows that would have fireworks are usually at the tower.

Quote by CowsWithGuns
I can't stand that ****. Shows with age limits are (I hate to say this) WAY better than all ages shows. Even if it's just 16+ you can bet that there won't be nearly as much bs to put up with.

Turning people away because they arent old enough would ruin punk. most people aT punk shows that cause trouble are older anyway.
where im from all ages shows are going down as well. We used to have a few venues made speicifcally for all age punk shows, but because of things like Drug/alcohol abuse, and violence, these places choose to shut down in order to stay away from negative press. There have been bands that contribute to the mess as well, but a lot of the times its the kids at the shows that make the problems. I know its somewhat unrelated to the post, im just stating my experience with putting all ages shows where im from. Its a bummer, kids shoudl be allowed to seee shows and have a good time. Its an even bigger bummer that kids these days, and bands these days, lack the respect for the venues they play in, as well as the respoinsibility to control themselves!
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
im starting to appreciate cleveland more. You have venues that shutdown because kids drink there? Thats why if you dont live in a DIY community your pretty much doomed.
If there's a problem with the underage kids, do over 16s, if that fails, do over 18s.
I don't want to turn people away because they're young. I want young kids to stop wrecking shows and venues. And most of the trouble makers I've seen were younger.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75

Quote by MattTheArsonist

Quote by UraniYum

Quote by ss311
If there's a problem with the underage kids, do over 16s, if that fails, do over 18s.

Why would that help. making punk a ****ing club that you have to be of age to go to a show.
In Alabama we love fireworks... not just punks either... if we shoot off fireworks at a show the neighbor wants to come and help... and chip in for the beer too.

I'm not the biggest fan of the way getting ****ed up is handled in Huntsville.... it's a real cliquey kinda deal and if you don't get ****ed up you can't hang out with anyone. That's why I like Chattanooga more, they love you regardless of if you get ****ed up or not.

Besides, I think it's really funny to see the same kids who kiss Requiem's PC asses also kiss up to ANS and Common Enemey (who were talking about going to a Strip Club after their show) and get ****ed up with them.

I don't care if you get ****ed up or not, just don't be a dick and not hang out with people or change who you are the second the beer or the joint gets passed around.

That sucks about the venue though, we've had **** like this happen before but it was always because of Christian Hardcore kids. All of the punks respect spaces (well for the most part, the other day we started having matinees at our community library and some douchebag crustwannabe tools were throwing books all over the place, which pissed me off because I had to clean up after their asses) and do their best to clean up after shows (like I said, this was until recently, alcoholism has increased alot here as a big group of kids has started getting ****ed up all the time).

It's usually the same kids that get so ****ed up all the time that bitch about there not being a place to have shows at, and for the most part the kids who don't get ****ed up beyond belief go and find the new place to have shows at.

Lame.

Stupid Vicious Cycle.

I don't even know what I was trying to proove. I'm not against people getting ****ed up, even though I don't... I'm against people being dumbasses.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to turn people away because they're young. I want young kids to stop wrecking shows and venues. And most of the trouble makers I've seen were younger.

true,. its always the young ones...the scenster kids too, damn them! the thing that bothers me the most though is that the kids that come to make trouble, usually never get into the music. THey'll be outside or in the back vandalizing or drinking/smoking instead of being upfront and letting loose with the music. Its lame, and its kills a local scene.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
thanks to retards like that I can't go to shows around here in a public space period for another year

I mean yeah I can still see small local bands and other less known bands, but it kind of sucks having to miss the Ducky Boys...even if I have seen them a million times, they're always good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Didn't you see the Exploding Hearts several years back?
Unfortunately I missed their set, by 20 minutes. And I only came early for them....I then had to watch Explosions in the Sky (yuck), but I got to see the Bouncing Souls afterwards. So life was good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
that sucks... I've seen the Pink Spiders and the Plastic Letters, but it's still not the same... because those bands suck compared to the Hearts.
Kids are ruining their own scenes. It's getting to be ridiculous.

Did eveyrone here about what happened to Pointless fest?
I hate to admit it but i do much prefer 18+ gigs, my band refuse to play under 18 venues because its just too much hassle, 80% of the children dont have a clue about punk they dont even like it, they just want to go and start fights and behave like little pricks, its a shame because a lot of my friends have kids aged around 6-10 that really wanna get into punk, i think under 18s should only be allowed to punk gigs if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Thatd teach the little f*ckers.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Punk- Hard To Play!
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by ScummerVacation
At a venue in south west Florida there was madness a few years back. Some kid got ahold of his dads pepper spray, and went into the middle of the room spraying it directly up into the air, he emptied nearly a the whole can before it started coming down in an evil yellow cloud.

If you dont know or have never exerienced anything peper spray related, you do NOT have to get sprayed directly in the eyes to be affected by it. Needless to say, all 100 something people that were there (including the band) stumbled out out the door coughing and hacking and wheezing in pain. Haha I had the fortune of seeing it happen from the back so I stepped out as soon as I saw him running out of the room.

But that put the bannination on alll future shows.

Jesus ****ing Christ. Did anything happen to the little prick?

Quote by MattTheArsonist

Quote by UraniYum

It's not just the underage kids causing problems.

When Rocket From The Tombs played at Emo's,the show was 21 and over.
Some dork threw a beer at the band and Cheetah warned the crowd that they would stop playing if it happened again.
10 minutes later, another beer gets tossed at the band and they walk offstage.

The club owner kicked the idiots who were doing this out and somehow sweet-talked the band into finishing their set.
The band did not look happy about it and left with a bad taste in their mouth.
What do you expect in a place where they worship losers like G.G. Allin?
What kind of retard ends a Rocket from the Tombs set.

Jeez, I'd kill to see them.

P.S. The only thing that should be ejected from a crowd to a band or vice versa, is toilet paper.
(Science and Honor, my bretheren)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by johnnynemo
It's not just the underage kids causing problems.

When Rocket From The Tombs played at Emo's,the show was 21 and over.
Some dork threw a beer at the band and Cheetah warned the crowd that they would stop playing if it happened again.
10 minutes later, another beer gets tossed at the band and they walk offstage.

The club owner kicked the idiots who were doing this out and somehow sweet-talked the band into finishing their set.
The band did not look happy about it and left with a bad taste in their mouth.
What do you expect in a place where they worship losers like G.G. Allin?

Hahaha how did I know you'd find a way to sum it all up with the vast evil of GG Allin hahahahaha.
SIZE]
I'm 16 so I'm not being ageist. If it were the older ones causing trouble, just kick them out. I have reformed. Just kick them out
Quote by ScummerVacation
Hahaha how did I know you'd find a way to sum it all up with the vast evil of GG Allin hahahahaha.

Yup.
G.G. is the clown prince of punk.

Seriously, thought, it is insane how many people here worship that loser.
The BMOC in the scene here is top dog because he once played in one of G.G.'s bands.
Watching them kiss his a$$ is highly amusing.

I know at least 15 punks who, when they lose their hair, grow the G.G. goatee, as pictured below.
Go to a Riverboat Gamblers show in Austin and you'll see at least 5 G.G. clones.

He's the patron saint of Austin punk.

Apparently, the reason is, according to Johnny Motard, of the long-defunct garage band the Motards, there used to be very few punks in Austin in the early 80s.
A bunch of them lived/squatted/shot up in a house that G.G. played/shot up at.

The people at the shows went on to form the bands that punks came to see hear, and/or worked in the record stores that sold punk.
They "spread the gospel of G.G." and got all the newbies into Mr. Allin.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by ss311

That seems kinda...uhh....wrong.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by johnnynemo
Yup.
G.G. is the clown prince of punk.

Seriously, thought, it is insane how many people here worship that loser.
The BMOC in the scene here is top dog because he once played in one of G.G.'s bands.
Watching them kiss his a$$ is highly amusing.

I know at least 15 punks who, when they lose their hair, grow the G.G. goatee, as pictured below.
Go to a Riverboat Gamblers show in Austin and you'll see at least 5 G.G. clones.

He's the patron saint of Austin punk.

Apparently, the reason is, according to Johnny Motard, of the long-defunct garage band the Motards, there used to be very few punks in Austin in the early 80s.
A bunch of them lived/squatted/shot up in a house that G.G. played/shot up at.

The people at the shows went on to form the bands that punks came to see hear, and/or worked in the record stores that sold punk.
They "spread the gospel of G.G." and got all the newbies into Mr. Allin.

I find that Ironic knowing that GG was about being yourself and not following anyone.
I haven't been to a show in ages so I can't make any honest judgementsd about the scene. It's often up to the evil that is ticketmasteron the age restrictions, and there's so many bouncers in the clubs you can't even attempt a stage dive (which is dumb anyway, the stages here are huge) without promptly getting your ass kicked then thrown out. But even at the House of Blues, a lot of people are so wasted they don't care about you, they just care about hearing the music and dropping some more of their choice drug.

The non-ticketmaster controlled places are mostly bars, so there's never anything under 21+. The couple places that don't serve booze like this coffee shop called the Rock N Java, where the Epoxies played a couple months ago (so far, best show I've ever seeen), are the best places for shows.
None of my friends ever beat people up or started any other kind of trouble at shows.
Actually, the skinheads would stop people from fighting, with threats of violence.
That was really cool.

However, me and a couple of my friends used to get drunk before hardcore shows.
When the promoter or bands would "confront" us about our drinking, we would usually say "Well..... the so-called "music" you play is so terrible, that drinking is the only way I can cope with it."

That was always good for a laugh, but don't try that at home, kids.
We were professionals.
you don't show respect for the shows or the venue and there won't be anymore shows for you at the venue. it's really not that hard to understand.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
i live in lexington, and there was a neo nazi kid that came to the show and was looking for trouble and was picking fights. For a while, we couldn't have shows at the YMCA, which meant every show had to be acoustic at someones house, or they had to be at a 21+ club.