Right now I'm using a 1.5mm for 5 and 6 string sweeps, but would a .75 mm be better for producing the sweeps?
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
I use 1.17 and i do them fine. I would actually think that a .75 would make it harder. Maybe a bit thinner, but not too much.
No, even if it did your hardly going to be able to switch picks mid-solo for sweeping.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
i use a thin pick and it works wonders for me when im sweeping or speed picking or anything rly, i guess maybe because its thinner its easier to pass over strings or something... idk it works best for me
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
i wouldnt think so,

i find thin picks to be less accurate, i would usually use thicker picks cause during solos, when i hit the string, i want a good attack on the strings. To me a thin pick would just somewhat dely the attack, and lag a bit, and itll definitly **** up my fretting on sweeps cuase its not in synch with the right hand sweeping. So i say no, it wont help, but theres only one way to find out man.....try it yourself, itll cost you like 25 cents a pick to try.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
well i hold the pic kinda close to the tip maybe thats why i find them better,for me thick picks get stuck on the string wheni try to speed pick or sweep
Quote by C.C. Deville
well i hold the pic kinda close to the tip maybe thats why i find them better,for me thick picks get stuck on the string wheni try to speed pick or sweep

holding it closer to the tip would make it less likely to get stuck on the string?
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
I use 3mm picks.

Thin picks suck unless all you do is play chords.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
3mm? That's ridiculous! I use 2mm on bass

Meh..whatever works for you I guess...but still, wow
yeah wut he said i guess its all about personal preference, i hold my pick more paul gilbert style though, so idk, i guess just wutever feels right