so does everyone on earth.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
its called a signature style of playing
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
i wouldn't say he's overrated, he's definately a very good guitarist (when you get lessons from satch it's bound to happen) but if you look at his leads most are in some degree or variation of a minor scale (with the occassional 7th and majors thrown in for spice) and most metal guitarists can be accused of that (except for EVH who is about 50/50 in major/minor variances) but that question is more of an ideal than anything, someone might think hammett is god (i won't say he's god but he is damn good) and in that case yeah maybe a little overrated, someone might think he's crap and in that persons opinion he would be extremely overrated.
You're only going to have so many scales to work with if you're playing in the same key for the whole record.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Yes, Hetfield writes most of the guitar parts which means Kirk is, for the most part, is only contributing to the band musically through his solos. Which, by the way, utilize poor tone, stiff playing (Hetfield and Hammett are probably the 2 stiffest professional soloists I've ever heard), and THE abosulte worst wah-pedal usage I have EVER heard from a professional musician.

Before anyone flames me, just know that I do like Metallica, but their solos are the parts I enjoy least because most of them are not written very well. Also, I do know other people will disagree and they have the right to. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.
Metallica's okay. I like 'Ride The Lightning' and 'The Black Album'. Creeping Death I thought had a great solo. Thats about it really. lol I'd rather listen to John Donais or John Petrucci solo.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I think Kirk also long as he doesn't use the wah. And too guy who said he played in the same key, THATS SO ****ING ANNOYING. Every song is in the key of E I swear, but considering the mighty E5, its reasonable.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
yeah kirk´s wah wah sound is very annoying (specially in the load-reload era,) but i think he improvises really well
Wayyyyyyyyyyy overly rated.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by feltgrape
Wayyyyyyyyyyy overly rated.

you contribute the exact same amount of in every thread you post in

kirk is a pretty good guitarist, he seems to rely greatly on the minor scale and it's penatonic variations quite a bit, but his solos usually fit the song perfectly and enhance it in a way, and that's much more important than laying a blank canvas to wank over

with the exception of MoP, which is purely for self-indulgence...cool, nonetheless
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by chase09
Yes, Hetfield writes most of the guitar parts which means Kirk is, for the most part, is only contributing to the band musically through his solos. Which, by the way, utilize poor tone, stiff playing (Hetfield and Hammett are probably the 2 stiffest professional soloists I've ever heard), and THE abosulte worst wah-pedal usage I have EVER heard from a professional musician.

Before anyone flames me, just know that I do like Metallica, but their solos are the parts I enjoy least because most of them are not written very well. Also, I do know other people will disagree and they have the right to. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

what do you mean by stiff playing? like just very tight and fast and precise?

i'd have to say kirk IS overrated nowadays, i think back when metallica had a lot of iron maiden to their sound, kirk sounded incredible. but when he just does that gay wah pedal-shredding blues thing, it gets old incredibly ****ing fast. but whatever i find metallica to be awesome, but kirk is overrated even back in the 80's, i just prefer the early thrash days.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by HardAttack
Metallica's okay. I like 'Ride The Lightning' and 'The Black Album'. Creeping Death I thought had a great solo. Thats about it really. lol I'd rather listen to John Donais or John Petrucci solo.

John Donais is no where in the realm of John Petrucci.

kirk plays what fits the music he knows when to blues it and when to emotionalize it hes good i guess, not god worthy.

mustaines better
(Don't know how I missed this one...)

This is pontless. NO MORE 'OVERRATED OR NOT' THREADS.

*CLOSED*
Looking for my India/Django.