I didnt really see any specific place for this so i thought id try here. The question is what type of slide do i need to play Lynyrd Skynyrd songs. Skynyrd songs like Freebird and Ballad of Curtis Loew.
A metal one.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Gary Rossington uses a glass slide live.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Last edited by wmzbomgzors at Aug 15, 2006,
Really? Sorry, I was just going with the old "electric = metal, acoustic = glass" maxim.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I went to go seem them a couple of weeks ago and i believe he had a metal one. Yet i did see them on TV for their rock hall of fame ceremony and he used glass. So for metal slides, is there any different variations?
Quote by AC/DCrocksalot
I went to go seem them a couple of weeks ago and i believe he had a metal one. Yet i did see them on TV for their rock hall of fame ceremony and he used glass. So for metal slides, is there any different variations?

thats weird he used glass here in Charlotte.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association