Recently, I have been trying out guitars lately, trying to pick a second guitar. I have been trying out the Jackson series, as well as the Gibson. I felt that Gibson had a really thick neck as well sticky to. Jacksons necks are insanely thing and sickly smooth. What do you think of this guitar, personally i havent tried it out because i havent gone into Vancouver yet. Comments and Suggestions are always welcomed
i personally think its a pretty good guitar coming from the jackson shop. but what amp do you use? and what music genre do you play?
I use a 15 watt peavy amp but im going to upgrade to a 60watt line 6 amp and i play metal and rock.
sure i highly reccomend it, if your willing to spend 2grand.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
how much is a Jackson Sl3 Soloist
and btw im getting a line 6 spider 2 amp
Please dont get the line 6.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Have you compared it with a Roland Cube?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Nick_04
why not there good

Alot of people think the tone is "digital" sounding.

The soloist is a great guitar, but pricey. I also believe thats the one with the fixed bridge (no trem)
Quote by Nick_04
how much is a Jackson Sl3 Soloist
and btw im getting a line 6 spider 2 amp

Last time I checked the SL3 was about a grand, maybe a few hundred more depending on the paintjob. The '06 models come with Original Floyd Roses, so they're good guitars considering they're MIJ.

I'd say get a new SL3 and a better amp. An American Jackson isn't going to sound any better than a Japanese one through a Line 6.
my sl3 was 1110
great guitar, ****ty electronics.
my volume pot is faulty seems to be a problen with all sl3s
Quote by JunctionP
my sl3 was 1110
great guitar, ****ty electronics.
my volume pot is faulty seems to be a problen with all sl3s

thats a bit of a bad point wouldnt you say since your spending $1110 on a guitar the electronics should work
A Spider II can sound good if you put a good guitar through it. Listen to my songs if you don't believe me. All done on a Spider II 30w. The rep they got is from tone purists who are used to the sound of tubes and can't handle something else coming along. I wouldn't say thier modeling is spot on but I don't really care. For the price there is nothing better. A Roland Cube doesn't hang with 'em at all imo.

The Soloist SL@ is an awesome guitar btw. My friend has that one with the shattered glass paint job. The neck thru just looks sexy.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
thats a bit of a bad point wouldnt you say since your spending $1110 on a guitar the electronics should work

yeah thats what I thought too haha...other than the volume pot, its a dream to play, I just didnt wanna say hell yeah man go buy it youll never want anything else its perfect i wanna have sex with it, I wanted to let him know that most of them have the same problem as mine...sure its a cheap repair and all but I dont know if ppl wanna go with it cuz of that hassle.
Quote by JunctionP
yeah thats what I thought too haha...other than the volume pot, its a dream to play, I just didnt wanna say hell yeah man go buy it youll never want anything else its perfect i wanna have sex with it, I wanted to let him know that most of them have the same problem as mine...sure its a cheap repair and all but I dont know if ppl wanna go with it cuz of that hassle.

well yeh cheap repair maybe cost $30 for all new electronics but yeh Jackson should work on that for future models. and if you wanna have sex with it just imagine the bloke that will be buying your guitar after your finish with it.