Hey,
I currently have a vox V847 original wah pedal and it has worked fine, but now whenever i try to turn it on it gives me weird feedback whenever my heel is down on the wha. The wah does not work properly at all; it just has feedback in the heel position. Has anyone else had this problem before? How can I fix it?
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
I dont have a turning on problem, my Weeping Demon is usually set to automatic.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
I don't want to trade it for something else. It's now broken; there's just a problem with the feedback
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
Quote by RHCP=w=
I don't want to trade it for something else. It's now broken; there's just a problem with the feedback

its not broken, or now broken?
What guitar do you have? The pickups on it may be microphonic, the problem with these is at high gain settings it squeels. If this your problem, I seemed to find my wahs always seemed to make the feedback more buzzy and hollow sounding.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Even though you don't want to sell it and get a crybaby. Far better wah pedals, more choice too.
You probably have it plugged in the wrong way (Guitar into the output jack)

Put the leads in the other jacks, My wah makes that noise when I have it plugged in the wrong way
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Don't stand too close to the amp, your pickup on the guitar do that when it's way too close to the amp, especially when you're on a singel coil pickup...
Your wah problem is almost the same, when you step down on the wah, the pedal makes the digital sound from your guitar deffrent from the original digital signal, probably lower.
And there you go, bang, the noise comes, and you get pissed...

Try stay away from the amp...

Or else, some jacksticks only have 1 signal-way, that means: It matters which way you use as input and which way as out...

ps. VOX wah ROCKS!
Quote by uk1
Even though you don't want to sell it and get a crybaby. Far better wah pedals, more choice too.

LoL, I would not reocmmend this. Cry Baby's are junk IMO.
Sounds like a bad Pot or a short on your pot, THE BUDDA is a nice wah NOT as tonal as the VOX, i just sold my budda , true bypass moded the vox, added a DC jack from area51 and its just flat out a more tonal pedal. Im gonna do a dual fasel mod next, anyways back to your problem, look for shorts, cold solder joints, It could be just dirt, wah's get dirty quick.. dust magnets with the greased parts exposed.
Main rig- its big bad and very very loud

Main Guitars:
01' Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 Ten top - Teal green
06' Gibson Les Paul 58' VOS
00' Gibson Les Paul 59' Re-issue

Pissing off the neighbors isnt my fault the amp did it!!
If you have money get a RMC or a Fulltone Clyde.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by kay210
Don't stand too close to the amp, your pickup on the guitar do that when it's way too close to the amp, especially when you're on a singel coil pickup...
Your wah problem is almost the same, when you step down on the wah, the pedal makes the digital sound from your guitar deffrent from the original digital signal, probably lower.
And there you go, bang, the noise comes, and you get pissed...

Try stay away from the amp...

Or else, some jacksticks only have 1 signal-way, that means: It matters which way you use as input and which way as out...

ps. VOX wah ROCKS!

Your guitar is not digital, Smarts McGee. Unless you've got one of those hexaphonic pickups, but they don't count. And what the hell is a jackstick?

Anyhoo. Yes, make sure you've plugged it in all the way. How much gain/volume do you have on your amp when you get the problem?

EDIT: You dumbass! You just bumped a thread from LAST YEAR. Grah.
Quote by uk1

Vox is vastly superior to Crybaby.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.