I'm looking at getting a Roadstar II Rs440. I have heard that the stock pickups aren't too great, so i was thinking about putting a Duncan SH-6 Distortion in the bridge and maybe a Dimarzio HS-3 in the neck. Basically, i would be using the guitar for mostly metal, but i need something versatile. Distortion in the bridge and good cleans and solos in the neck.
Would this be a good setup? suggestions?
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Sounds real good to me. The Roadsters are the Ibanez's version of the flying V, am I right?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Nah, its older model of RG. Made in 1980++. In this case, you have to consider that the neck on those RS440 is painted, do you like it? and yeah, they use Ibanez V5 and super 7 which arent that great.

For pickups, super distortion from dimarzio would be ok since its basswood and DiMarzios sound really good on Basswoods, dont get me wrong but SDs can still kick arse. As for the HS-3, you will get an Yngwie-ish sound, is that what you're looking for?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Blade V5s like on the XV? Those things scrrrream, I enjoy'd.

However, the double locker on earlier RS isn't the best design out there.

If you want deep and full metal tone out of basswood, I'd go for DiMarzio ToneZone in the bridge - that thing got great low-end without being muddy. The tone's heavy, and the output is enough to easily overdrive even my Classic.

For the bridge singles I'd go for Virtual Vintage Blues or Solo by DM - the sweetest singlecoil lead tone I've heard in a while. Haven't heard HS-3, but I have an HS-2 and I find it clean and sparkly, but not quite solo material.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!