Im just wondering what gage strings everyone here is using, and just wondering what you guys think works the best. I think im using like 9's.
i prefer 9's, i like light strings

wrong forum?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
o ok thanks, sorry ya its the wrong forum i just relized that.
Started on 9s, now play 10s. Can't stand 9s anymore

10s seem just right for me, I couldn't get any expression out of 9s and they seemed harder to control. I could barely tell if there was a high e under my finger or not!
.10's
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
12's for acoustic and electric
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

11's. Nice tone and feel but i can still bend. Cant stand 9's but 10's are ok.
I use 8-38s. Jimmy uses them and i love um. Any one else use them? The reason i use them is because in order to play the 8 you have to develope a feel and i think it makes me better.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
Last edited by seamus90' at Aug 15, 2006,
nothing like the first time you put 11's on an electric. it's kind of an "i can see the light" moment. SO much more tone than 9's or 10's. 12's are a bit too heavy for my taste unless i tune down, but they'd probably be a bit easier to handle on a guitar that has nice big frets unlike my piece of crap.
Pussies!

13-58s on the Strat.
11-52s on the Les Paul.
12-56s on the acoustic.

Will soon be changing my Strat (it's secondhand and losing tone...) into a slide-guitar... open-E all the time, 11-49s.

EDIT: oh, and *moved to guitar g&a*
Looking for my India/Django.
standard 11's
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by seamus90'
I use 8-38s. Jimmy uses them and i love um. Any one else use them? The reason i use them is because in order to play the 8 you have to develope a feel and i think it makes me better.

I love .08's, wouldnt have an electric without them. I can do so much more with them. All the good guitar players I personally know use .08's as well..
i use 10 guage
skinny top heavy bottoms!!!!
theyre the best strings ever, im actually surprised more people dont use them
the flexibilty and easy frettage (is that a word?) of size 10s, but with the thick tone of size 11s!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
^.15s? that cant be good for your health.
OH THE IRONY
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by seamus90'

Jimmy page?. There are a lot of geetar players called Jimmy!
yes you are correct next time ill say pagey.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata