hey guys

Im looking to get the pink floyd sound.... like if u listen to Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2 its the sound of the solo that im after.. if anyone has sugestions any help will be appriciated.. the sortof pedal i was looking at was a Boss Blues Driver.. anyways

Cheers for the help Muse-Citizen
I think that solo has reverb as an effect, not sure though.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Smooth playing. Neck pickup, single coils.

preferrably a strat. You'll need to put on some reverb and some very short delay to get a fuller sound. You'll want a tube amp with just a touch of overdrive, a blues driver should work fairly well.
Grab a strat, and then replace the pickups with smoe EMG DG-20's. (David's signatures.)

You = David Gilmour now.

....equipment wise..
Quote by Flynt
Grab a strat, and then replace the pickups with smoe EMG DG-20's. (David's signatures.)

You = David Gilmour now.

....equipment wise..

During The Wall era, he used high output DiMarzios and a long long effects chain. EMGs came past the original Floyd...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I'm not sure about the Dimarzios, his Black Strat has a hand picked set from Seymour Duncan that were rewound.

Most often it's position 4 too (neck+middle).
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Have a look at www.gilmourish.com , shows all his live and studio gear for the Floyd albums.

P.S. - Another Brick In The Wall Pt2 was played on a '52 goldtop, with P90's
Last edited by lefty_strat_str at Aug 15, 2006,