i'm looking into getting a hollowbody, i was looking at the washburn HB series, HB35=£349, HB30=£175, is there really almost double the price amount worth there?

and also, i just like those beacuse they look good, and because i've always wanted one, but what kind of advantages would they give me over my soldbody?

and if anyone could reccomend me any other good cheap hollowbodies that would be great
The Epiphone Dot is a great guitar. You can get one for about $400 here in Canada, not sure what that amounts to where you are.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
The Epiphone Dot is a great guitar. You can get one for about $400 here in Canada, not sure what that amounts to where you are.

+1
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

anyone care to tell me if there is any extra use to a hollowbody? bexuase it would be nice to know that they extend my playing more aswell as looking nice
They create a very airy essensce. It's quite pleasing. If you need an example, Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters. I'm very sure that all of the "lighter" Foo songs like Best of You were recorded with a hollowbody. I'm unsure if he used the Epiphone Riviera seen in the video (I think that's what he's playing in it, although I forget things easily) or a Gibson Trini Lopez.

Noting that, I suggest Ibanez's Artcore series. I really HATE Dots because of their nasal acoustics. The plugged in sound I don't remember, as I last tried one last year about this time. But I would have bought one if I liked it.
Artcores are amazing for their price, great sound

disadvantage is at loud volumes with distortion you can get major feedback
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Oh yeah, you can find one for less than that I think. The trems suck so if you were to get one of those I would suggest locking tuners.