Ok, as some of you might know, I painted my squier, and the paint didnt come out to good, so I decided to go with my first Idea. And I want to give it a black/blue sunburst color. Something like this.
http://www.dancingdragonguitars.com/images/ebay/bodies/bodystratblb1eb.jpg

But Im gonna keep the back of the guitar black, and but this on it.

And on the front of the guitar, I would like to have it say Iron Maiden on it, but have it faded in with the blue. Now as for the blue sunburst, how hard is that to do?
im guessing sorta kinda hard? idk but thats gonna look sweet
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
it sounds like a really complicated paint job for someone who apperently doesnt know what their doing.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Quote by Trapman870
it sounds like a really complicated paint job for someone who apperently doesnt know what their doing.

So your saying just because I dont know how to do it yet, I shouldnt even try? C'mon man, I didn't ask anyone to come and be a dick to me. I really dont have anything to lose.
no hes saying because you messed up a fairly simple paint job you shouldnt try an even harder one. start small, learn a little more, move on to harder things. hes not being a dick, hes giving you some advice without sugar coating it. if you dont want people to be dicks, why are you being one?

listen buddy, i tried to do a paintjob somewhat like this a few years ago. let me tell you it didnt turn out good enough to be called terrible, and it was a waste of money. seriously, start with a solid color so you can get the feel of things
Quote by Alhambra
And on the front of the guitar, I would like to have it say Iron Maiden on it, but have it faded in with the blue. Now as for the blue sunburst, how hard is that to do?

I say go for it! Been practicing with the sunburst ... meaning, being able to spray a specific area while following the curves (shape) of the guitar and it's actually getting pretty easy. I like the non-traditional sunburst color combos, as much as the traditional 2 and 3 color burst.

As far as the graphics, as long as it's not the size of the tremolo cover, it'll be pretty straightforward, as in, not too hard. I made a graphic for Judo in my trem cover for my 1st project and it was a b!tch cutting the template.

BTW, personally, I think the blue is too dark, I'd go with a lighter shade.

Good Luck!

Yeah, I kinda want a lighter color blue to add to it.
Last edited by Alhambra at Aug 15, 2006,