Page 1 of 2
Are the bands that have catchy names more prone to recognition and fame ?
I couldn't help but notice that hard pronounced bands are respected but not credited like they should be. They may have great music but their name is standing as an obstacle <- Read it in a review at a metal magazine.
So I'm wondering. Are the bands that have catchy names (metallica , megadeth etc etc ) more prone to recognition and fame ?
Opinions ?
Discussions ?
Flames?
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
i think bands with a name like that somwetimes get odd stares, and people will often judge that they dont llike it before they hear it, sadly.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by bobross
i think bands with a name like that somwetimes get odd stares, and people will often judge that they dont llike it before they hear it, sadly.

THATS exactly what I mean. They judge the name , they cant pronounce it or it sounds wierd to them , so they dont listen to it . And the bands with that kind of names get less advertising and recocnition from the masses that they silently fail no matter if a small amount of fans think they are great.
On the other hand , there are some bands that their musical skills are mediocre or none that they get advertised and recognized so much , that they become somehow great just because they have a catchy name . Catch my drift?

EDIT : And it is too hard to find a name these times . They all have been taken , thats why ppl end up with a name like : invirkaloval satanis mysterioum (randomly selected)
Quote by grimreaper65
Not really.

You mean stuff like Anaal Nathrakh?

doosveth besthood,
dochile dienve...lol.

the charm of making.
I remember that from that one movie..
people are stupid like that, that aspect is all about a bands sellability
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Tsunekuni
I've had people say that Necrophagist suck simply based on the name, without hearing music before hand.

Oh well, it's them that are missing out on the ownage.
rofl . thanks for calling me a cunt all the time motherfuker . But seriously , What the fuck did I do to you ? I just make VALID threads for ppl to discuss , and If you dont like it , dont open it and get the fudge out of here.
At least I dont make threads about slipknot and shakira like other noobs do , i have read the rules.
to avoid saying fuck for the third time in the same post
Quote by Icarus66

only cun'ts say fudge instead of fuc'k
necrolust said fudge instead of fuc'k
therefor, necrolust is a cun't

only As say B
C said B

therefor C is an A

valid by deductive reasoning YOU CUN'T
Quote by Tsunekuni
Fuck, that solo is hard to play.

ROFL the whole songs hard to play.
Quote by mydadisjewish
only cun'ts say fudge instead of fuc'k
necrolust said fudge instead of fuc'k
therefor, necrolust is a cun't

only As say B
C said B

therefor C is an A

valid by deductive reasoning YOU CUN'T

Fair enough , but it seems , you have taken the initiative to call me a cunt without even knowing me . 1) i dont know you 2) never insulted you and never said any noob things in this forum 3) i respect the rules and the dudes in this forum 4) go fuck yourself plain and simple. if you dont like me making threads , you go ahaid and make one . therefore i will come in your thread , say you are a cunt and say "dont make thread you cun't" we'll see if you like it..
And if you are calling me a cun't for fun , I will apologize and will no longer object
Naaah I dont think so. I mean whats catchier then the name Goblin Cock? And if you ask someone if they know about Goblin Cock...well
Quote by madbasslover
you've just received the first official Madbasslover's Seal of Asskickery.

Cas Appreciator #4. PM Skeptopotamus to Appreciate.

Private Donut of the Red VS Blue Club. pm fret13 to join
Quote by Necrolust
Fair enough , but it seems , you have taken the initiative to call me a cunt without even knowing me . 1) i dont know you 2) never insulted you and never said any noob things in this forum 3) i respect the rules and the dudes in this forum 4) go fuck yourself plain and simple. if you dont like me making threads , you go ahaid and make one . therefore i will come in your thread , say you are a cunt and say "dont make thread you cun't" we'll see if you like it..
And if you are calling me a cun't for fun , I will apologize and will no longer object

eh, i had premises, you didn't.

now make me a sandwhich.

Quote by insideac
Why the hell did you guys start bashing Necrolust?

because i am the basher of cun't.
Well at least its not the same kind of threads as "Best metal guitarist", "best metal song", or something like that. Ive never seen a thread like this and its interesting.
He asked a question that has a better subject than a lot of the garbage that gets put in this forum. Jesus Christ sometimes you guys are little bitches.

If a band has a name like Anal Cunt they will only be popular to those within in the genre, it will be harder for them to get advertisements in other places because a lot of sites, music channels, etc. claim to be "for all ages" kind of thing.
He asked a question that has a better subject than a lot of the garbage that gets put in this forum. Jesus Christ sometimes you guys are little bitches.

thank you man !
Quote by insideac
No he didnt. If anyone deserves a flaming its SG Rocker

Fuck off.

Back on topic: I'd say a catchy name sticks in the person's mind remembering them for either if there music is good, bad, or meh IMO.
Quote by Icarus66
Well, in all honestly, he did ask for flaming in his first post.

I was trying to achieve reverse psychology on you . rofl..
Seriously , I didnt ask for flaming. I asked from ppl to flame this thread IF it has been done before , IF it is irrelevant to the forum which it isnt , IF it disturbes the mass of the forum.. flaming with no reason isnt very polite.
Hah im just kidding SG Rocker. I still remember how touchy you got with that thread all about you and your pic LOL. So just ignore everything I say then . lmao Necro.
Quote by Necrolust
I was trying to achieve reverse psychology on you . rofl..
Seriously , I didnt ask for flaming. I asked from ppl to flame this thread IF it has been done before , IF it is irrelevant to the forum which it isnt , IF it disturbes the mass of the forum.. flaming with no reason isnt very polite.

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I just assumed based on your other threads. My bad.

ANYWAY:

If the band has a catchy name, then their music is more popular. I think that's the verdict?
Quote by Tsunekuni
I've had people say that Necrophagist suck simply based on the name, without hearing music before hand.

I've heard someone say that about Slayer. Of course, he listened to rap, which is full of bad names...
probably. ^ .. if they have a catchy name they get promoted and advertised more than other bands , thus , their songs become known and popular.. But they may be bands that have more musical skills that ^that bands but they get no credit or promotion for their work , weather that's cause of their name or cause of their bribing the labels.

EDIT : reply to icarus66 ^
My apologies to mydadisjewish for calling him names and cursing in reply of his thoughts about my threads. Sorry dude . I hope we're cool
Page 1 of 2