Ahhhh. B.C. Rich. AKA: The Brand Of Slayer. And one of the most used guitars by guitarists. Anybody got one? Flying V, Son Of The Beast, Warlock?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
bc rich sucks, only kerry king uses bc rich, and he has a super suped up version of his sig madoel, making it decent, but the rest all suck

nuff said
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I see ESP as "The brand of slayer" since tom and jeff both use them.. Son of beast is a guitar package that contains a beast guitar... i used a bronze warlock for 2 months a while back it was my friends... worst 2 months of my life

EDIT: in that 2 months the pick up broke, the jack wires came off the input jack, 1 of the strap peices fell off and the volume knob to crackled when i turned it up or down
Last edited by cho1 at Aug 15, 2006,
Quote by cho1
I see ESP as "The brand of slayer" since tom and jeff both use them.. Son of beast is a guitar package that contains a beast guitar... i used a bronze warlock for 2 months a while back it was my friends... worst 2 months of my life

well, used to be that jeff used richs' just the same as kerry, dont look at the band, look at the player, kerry plays a rich for a reason

oh, i have a low end version warlock, i like it, not as much as my schecter but i like it.
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
i played at the same gig as a guy that had a Warlock. Those guitars are all look and **** sound...but they're really ugly too..so ya, **** guitars
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
why does everyone bash them because the bronze series sucks. yeah its a known fact. its the lowest series so obviously its not gonna be the best guitar. freaking retards, i swear. anyway. I have the JR.V, I love it. The higher end models are nice, but I find that the Beast in general is kind of cumbersome to play, the large wing gets in my way a lot. I like most bc rich guitars. But the other guy does have a point, Tom and Jeff both play ESP and Kerry plays his sig BC Rich. So ESP is more like the brand of Slayer.
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
the only thing bc rich's are good for is their insane looks, and if you want a good axe along those lines i suggest checking out some esp's, or some dean's. if you want the crazy quality of a bc rich, i suggest getting some tissue boxes, paper towel rolls, and rubber bands.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by KIMB
why does everyone bash them because the bronze series sucks. yeah its a known fact. its the lowest series so obviously its not gonna be the best guitar. freaking retards, i swear. anyway. I have the JR.V, I love it. The higher end models are nice, but I find that the Beast in general is kind of cumbersome to play, the large wing gets in my way a lot. I like most bc rich guitars. But the other guy does have a point, Tom and Jeff both play ESP and Kerry plays his sig BC Rich. So ESP is more like the brand of Slayer.

i love the JRv.. but im a sucker for v guitars anyways.. i dont even own one and i want one so bad... gibson/epiphone flying v, jackson king v, bc rich jrv, dean vx wahburn v i dont care
Bernie Rico Jr Guitars are good if you guys are gonna go on tugging your nuts about "oh a BC Rich molested me". Gary Holt from Exodus plays one.
*Two Things To Remember*

Quote by cho1
i love the JRv.. but im a sucker for v guitars anyways.. i dont even own one and i want one so bad... gibson/epiphone flying v, jackson king v, bc rich jrv, dean vx wahburn v i dont care

yeah me too. i own a kvx10, the Jr. V, and im looking to get a dean vx next. gotta love them Vs
*Two Things To Remember*

Quote by KIMB
yeah me too. i own a kvx10, the Jr. V, and im looking to get a dean vx next. gotta love them Vs

a kvx10!? MAAAAN i want that so bad, it has a tuneomatic bridge right?? i dont like floyds no more.. i love that guitar man seriously probly my fav v
The high end guitars are pretty decent, but you can still get better guitars for the same price.

Unless you have a super upgraded souped up custom made, otherwise, no.
I've got a BC Rich Bich. It's my first real guitar. But I'm so poor, it's my current guitar.
ok the only bc richs worth touching are the US customs, anything else is a piece of **** made out of either agathis or nato, their pickups suck, their wiring and hardware is pure crap, stupid goth kids buy their guitars because they want to look like they have a set, open your ears kids and hear the pure muffled asshole coming out of your amp when u play a rich
Quote by dertjoe
ok the only bc richs worth touching are the US customs, anything else is a piece of **** made out of either agathis or nato, their pickups suck, their wiring and hardware is pure crap, stupid goth kids buy their guitars because they want to look like they have a set, open your ears kids and hear the pure muffled asshole coming out of your amp when u play a rich

+28
Go get your shovel.
I own a Warlock, it's actually not too bad, though it does lack in a lot of places. I had my local music shop re-wire all of the switches and knobs with better wiring and I put better pickups on it, it's really not that bad.
My Gear

BC Rich Warlock
Austin Acoustic-Electric
Line 6 150w 2x12 Flextone III
Line 6 POD XT Live
^Yech. Squier is the only brand I'd suggest LESS than BC Rich, even for a beginner.

At least Rich makes some good models (NJ series...)
Quote by seek_&_destroy
bc rich sucks, only kerry king uses bc rich, and he has a super suped up version of his sig madoel, making it decent, but the rest all suck

nuff said

Ignorance must be bliss

BC Rich are good guitars, but you have to get the right one.. In the old days (the 80's) BC Rich guitars where really really good (if your a metal player) But then the company got sold to someone else, and there quality went WAY down (which is why our friend here says they all suck..) But recently the original owners of BC Rich and taken back the company and are coming out with a whole line of American made BC Rich guitars that are very good, but they are also quite expensive. (i consider anything over $1000 to be expensive) Its really all about taste, BC Rich makes some crazy shaped guitars, and iv never really been into those. But i do have a 1984 BC Rich Platinum series strat style body, all solid black, SSH setup and the guitar is simply the best metal guitar iv ever played.. Iv owned it for 22 years, and its always been my metal/shred guitar, and iv played many a Ibanez/Jackson ect and have never seen a reason to replace my BC Rich.. Of course mine is one of the old BC Rich's back when they where top quality, i havent played any of the new stock so you'll have to try some out.. (only look at platinums, they are the only ones worth anything)

So dont listen to what people say about any guitar, get out there and try some out and make your own decision if its what you want or not..
Quote by Bones420
Ignorance must be bliss

BC Rich are good guitars, but you have to get the right one.. In the old days (the 80's) BC Rich guitars where really really good (if your a metal player) But then the company got sold to someone else, and there quality went WAY down (which is why our friend here says they all suck..) But recently the original owners of BC Rich and taken back the company and are coming out with a whole line of American made BC Rich guitars that are very good, but they are also quite expensive. (i consider anything over $1000 to be expensive) Its really all about taste, BC Rich makes some crazy shaped guitars, and iv never really been into those. But i do have a 1984 BC Rich Platinum series strat style body, all solid black, SSH setup and the guitar is simply the best metal guitar iv ever played.. Iv owned it for 22 years, and its always been my metal/shred guitar, and iv played many a Ibanez/Jackson ect and have never seen a reason to replace my BC Rich.. Of course mine is one of the old BC Rich's back when they where top quality, i havent played any of the new stock so you'll have to try some out.. (only look at platinums, they are the only ones worth anything)

So dont listen to what people say about any guitar, get out there and try some out and make your own decision if its what you want or not..

Trying to defend you 1980 BullCrap rich there?

j/k

You sure know your stuff though, I know some guitars for the 80s are actually pretty good.