Page 1 of 2
i'm 15 and in a small trash metal band and we're playing our first show in late september. during this time we're trying to think of some cover songs that might be fun to do. we have two originals that aren't recorded and we're playing live and a third we're working on. but we'll need about 4 or 5 cover song ideas to try out.

as a whole we already know "walk" and "****ing hostile" by pantera, "blood and thunder" by mastodon, "the crooked cross" by slayer, and "motorbreath" by metallica (all our own versions) we recently heard the cover of iron maiden's "hallowed be thy name" by cradle of filth so that seemed interesting to try (not the filth version, but our own) and yeah, we're trying to go for other songs by good bands, but that aren't as popular or talked about....or expected to be played live.

if you guys have any ideas you could give me i'd really appreciate it.

thanks

oh and please, don't give us any trivium or ridiculous stuff!!!
Destruction - nailed to the cross
slayer - angel of death
immortal - tyrants
death - scavenger of human sorrow (if you can play it)
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
anthrax-caught in a mosh, not a bad song, but would be better if you could "**** it up a bit". just a stupid idea here, how bout a metal versiona of stairway to heaven?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
A metal versian of "The Piano Man" by Billy Joel
and ummm, hmm, WRITE YOUR OWN ****ING SONGS! i mean damn, how long is the ****ing set gonna be anyway???
Seek and Destroy or Am I Evil Both off of kill 'em all.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.

later that night
Guys, guys, remember, these ****ers probably cant even play most of this ****, honestly. Dont try to play something you can master, youll look retarded.
Ugh. Don't cover something a million people have already covered. Do something different.

Thrash? Cover a Testament song.
Testament - Souls of Black, Disciples of the Watch, OVER THE MOTHER FUCKING WALL.

Annihilator - Imperiled Eyes, Alison Hell, Word Salad, W.T.Y.D

Kreator - Coma of Souls

Some early Morbid Angel would be cool, like Maze of Torment.

Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells, Arise, Desperate Cry

Do some Exodus if you can get some tabs.
trash metal? im not quite sure what that is so I'll assume you mean thrash

but enough of my lame attempts at humor...

megadeth (pre-Freidman - unless you've got the chops)
mercyful fate (provided you've got king diamonds vocals...)
celtic frost
Quote by Spynal
If irony were peanut butter, you would be sticking to the roof of the mouth of life.

Quote by webbtje
Yeah, it was clearly necessary to stab him 23 times, just to be sure.

http://www.last.fm/user/fjm2c
Quote by a_fallenzero

Am I Evil definately isn't off of Kill 'em All.

If you like death metal and your singer can growl/scream/whatever, then check out At the Gates' Blinded by Fear. Really easy to play.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by a_fallenzero

You ****tard. Am I Evil was a cover, and it was not on Kill 'em All. It was on one of the Garage Days albums.
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Am I Evil definately isn't off of Kill 'em All.

If you like death metal and your singer can growl/scream/whatever, then check out At the Gates' Blinded by Fear. Really easy to play.

Slaughter Of The Soul is way better.
Quote by TWISTEDFender
You ****tard. Am I Evil was a cover, and it was not on Kill 'em All. It was on one of the Garage Days albums.

Yeah, and to top it off, it was a cover song.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by TWISTEDFender

Garage Days Re-revisited, 1987 Metallica.

Their first recording with Jason.

I would have loved if they had of kept that tone for ...And Justice for All.

"Am I Evil?" is from Diamond Head's Lightning to the Nations.

Seek and Destroy dudes, just remember to scream out the vocals, it's **** easy. (Apart from the solos, you should only be using downstrokes in this song).
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by grimreaper65
OVER... THE... WALL!

Do that Testament song.

**** yeah.

Quote by Tsunekuni
Testament - Souls of Black, Disciples of the Watch, OVER THE MOTHER FUCKING WALL.

Annihilator - Imperiled Eyes, Alison Hell, Word Salad, W.T.Y.D

Kreator - Coma of Souls

Some early Morbid Angel would be cool, like Maze of Torment.

Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells, Arise, Desperate Cry

Do some Exodus if you can get some tabs.

I second Annihilator, Kreator and Morbid Angel(although I think Chapel Of Ghouls would be cooler to do).

Darkness Descends by Dark Angel would be pretty sweet. Or No Remorse by Metallica.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Quote by deadskinmask

I second Annihilator, Kreator and Morbid Angel(although I think Chapel Of Ghouls would be cooler to do).

How could I forgot about Chapel Of Ghouls? That song is a big whirlwind of head banging.
Quote by technicolour
Don't play that many covers....
Work on more origonals.

Oh my, we have been graced by the intelligence of someone who really knows more than the rest of us.

Sorry.

No I'm not. You could be boring and do Master of Puppets. A lot of Anthrax songs are fairly simple. Caught in a Mosh... I think someone mentioned. Madhouse is pretty well known as well. Bring the Noise would get you attention though, too. But you'd have to rap. Plus you'd probably lose the respect of everyone. Put that song pwns.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Last edited by ChrisL2003 at Aug 16, 2006,
Bring the Noise is really easy to rap, even at the speed Anthrax did it.

Do Over the Wall like everyone else said. Also, if anyone yells "AVENGED SEVENFOLD" during the intro riff, slaughter them.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
If you're in a thrash band then i say you should cover a slayer song. Silent Scream is a fun song to play and not hard to learn same as raining blood.
Jesus Saves by slayer, pretty easy song to play, but you gotta master those slayer styled solos! or play your own.
cold by at the gates, if you can do death metal vocals. an ancient sign of a coming storm or death in fire by amon amarth. if you dare to go progressive then try the leper affinity by opeth.

R.I.P.'s:

- Syd Barrett
- Dimebag
- Chuck Schuldiner
- Cliff Burton
- Metallica
- SRV
- Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Useful_Idiot16
full baked i love how ur sig says R.I.P metallica lol.

thanks for all the suggestions. for all you smartasses we're only playing the best outta all the covers we learn...and we DO have original material (3 songs now...read first post) so yeah, the covers are just to get out and have fun. it's a 45 minute set. and "caught in a mosh" by anthrax was already one of the ideas we had

i listened to some suggestions and it's all good, and don't think because our age we can't play some of the **** on here. we're still giving it all a shot.

thanks guys
Quote by AnarchyGuitarst
thanks for all the suggestions. for all you smartasses we're only playing the best outta all the covers we learn...and we DO have original material (3 songs now...read first post) so yeah, the covers are just to get out and have fun. it's a 45 minute set. and "caught in a mosh" by anthrax was already one of the ideas we had

i listened to some suggestions and it's all good, and don't think because our age we can't play some of the **** on here. we're still giving it all a shot.

thanks guys

good luck man, hope it all goes well

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Curse Of The Legions Of Death!

EDIT: How the feck do you stop it from cancelling your Caps Lock? It doesn't have as much impact with lower case...
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Aug 16, 2006,
Quote by nine01n
slayer reigning in blood if u dont like that song ur ****in retarded

What was the title of that song did you say? And maybe, just maybe, people have something called an opinion and thus don't like that song, so how about you just shut the hell up, asshole.
Quote by a_fallenzero

Shut up you fucking retard. Am I Evil is a Diamond Head song.

Sepultura - Desperate Cry
Strapping Young Lad - Detox
Slayer - War Ensemble
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by AnarchyGuitarst
i'm 15 and in a small trash metal band and we're playing our first show in late september. during this time we're trying to think of some cover songs that might be fun to do. we have two originals that aren't recorded and we're playing live and a third we're working on. but we'll need about 4 or 5 cover song ideas to try out.

as a whole we already know "walk" and "****ing hostile" by pantera, "blood and thunder" by mastodon, "the crooked cross" by slayer, and "motorbreath" by metallica (all our own versions) we recently heard the cover of iron maiden's "hallowed be thy name" by cradle of filth so that seemed interesting to try (not the filth version, but our own) and yeah, we're trying to go for other songs by good bands, but that aren't as popular or talked about....or expected to be played live.

if you guys have any ideas you could give me i'd really appreciate it.

thanks

oh and please, don't give us any trivium or ridiculous stuff!!!

It's thrash you moron. Your credibility = 0

If you played thrash metal or knew anything about it, you wouldn't even be here asking for what to play.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by chemicalsolutio
It's thrash you moron. Your credibility = 0

If you played thrash metal or knew anything about it, you wouldn't even be here asking for what to play.

No, I have a quite strong feeling that his band really is trash.
Quote by a_fallenzero

You ****ing n00b Am I Evil? is off of Garage Inc. ....

Good songs to cover - EDIT: After posting my original list I realized is was only thrash..

For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica (Easy and there's lots of room for improvisation)

Dawn Patrol - Megadeth (Awesome song, easy and cool)

Haven't played any other thrash covers in front of an audience...so yeah.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Last edited by Face The Slayer at Aug 16, 2006,
I'm not gonna sit around like most people on this site and fight online, cuz I just think it's retarded. But chemicalsolutio and blizzard_of_ozz, it's pretty stupid to post **** like you guys did. Called me a moron for a simple spelling mistake...what the hell? Get a life dude. I'm simply asking for suggestions on nice songs to play live. It's not like you knew everything when you first started getting into good music.

At least we're trying to get somewhere. And not just play the same 'ol Master of Puppets covers all the other guys do. You guys are the morons for trying to put down a 15 year old's band.

And emenius sleepus, dude thanks for that comment. We really appreciate it when total strangers try and motivate us. It's real cool.

Everyone's suggestions are great, but we'd like to see what else you guys can come up with. Keep on posting, let us know what you think.
Page 1 of 2