Page 1 of 2
so has anyone seen my pink floyd les paul custom ? click that if you havent.... now imagine a gibson rather than a lame epiphone, not that thers anything wrong with epiphone. now. i havent been on this website in ages cause its filled with 16 year olds with squires or ibanez's or other cheap lame metal guitars. im sick of lame customizations like that. i know. i customized an epi im a hypocrite. but now im going to customize i gibson. just like my epi. i just ordered a gibson les paul custom last week, it should be arriving this week. when i get it ill take pictures and post them and then ill be on my way.
whats this thread about again? youre telling us you ordered a gibson les paul?
well, tell us what you plan to customize to it.
i like your pink floyd guitar btw.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
hes sayin he means to customize it the same way he did the floyd one. i think that would kinda defeat the purpose of customization, and take away alot of its appeal for me (i just think customization should be a one-off thing). but really, do what you want.
did you ever finish the doublesg mod? with the stairway theme.
im not doing it EXACTLY like my epi, i sold my epi, ive customised it to exactly how i wanted it and im changing hte only thing i cant customise. the guitar itself. so i still want the same setup i had on the epi. wow peple need to start reading "what exactly are you doing?" ****in read it dude. anyways. its not defeating the purpose thats just how i like my guitar. pete townshed has 9 guitars all customized the same.. if i still had my epiphone id do somehtign different. anyways. guitar will be here really soon, i hope.
oh, and i havent done anything on the doubleneck. i went through a stage of depression after i sold my lp and i just didnt really play much guitar. and ill my money went towards this high priced gibson
well- you didnt really make yourself clear in the first post

and ive seen your epi thread but i wasnt gonna read the whole dam thing

so you bought a gibson- and your customizing it....

what exactly- maybe a list?
*sigh* i hate effort ok... first of all

gibson les paul custom, ebony gold hardware:
-bigsby tremolo bridge
-roller tune-o-matic bridge
-white seymour duncan open coil jb in bridge
-chrome covor seymour duncan jazz in the neck
-crazy awesome coil taps

nothing THAT great
You gonna paint it too?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
i cant believe you want me to paint that thing...im gonna crap myself on the first stroke of sandpaper... but man that would look wicked...again. i think this time i wanna add some pearl to the colours in the rainbow and a bit to the prism itself to make it a little more vibrant. lemme know what you think
If you're brothers, why don't you speak in person!?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
People seem a little negative about this... I'm looking forward to see what you'll be doing and how! Can you make some kind of guide to how you do it, while you do it? That'd be awesome!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
for those who dont know what a gibson les paul custom looks like:

and yes, it is a gibson

so right now, at this very moment, i am doing a pickup and wire swap. and just an electronics overhaul
haha you should see the belt buckle scratches on it already from his nintendo controller belt
wow looks great i didn't think that gibson still made the customs i couldn't find it on the website. you did a great job on the epi too

might i ask which guitarworks you work at as i may know who you are?
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
i wouldnt paint it,just because i love the look of the black beauty lespauls and dont want you to fu<k up a 3000 dollar guitar
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
i work at the guitarworks on 16th ave. you couldnt find it because gibson doesent make it. gibson custom makes it. go to gibsoncustom.com then you will find it. for some reason everybody thought the ls supreme was replacing it. but its not. as for the paint. i dont see how painting it will **** it up? i mean, people paint $150000 hotrods. why would painting a $3000 guitar be any different? and its my guitar not yours! pics coming soon for what ive done. oh and ive completly ****ed up the electronics. but its ok cause i was getting new stuff anyways.
ok so, this is what its at right now. but take note, the elsectronics dont work:

if your wondering why it doesent work.... this is why:

and to put the bigsby on, you pretty much have to take the stopbar off, line it up and drill it on, but the one thing you need is the ground top be attached to the bigsby, so i used a paperclip:

and here is a random pic:

cool eh?
nice bigsby! i noticed you changed the bridge pup, why don't you install the gold cover on it?

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by UniverseZero
nice bigsby! i noticed you changed the bridge pup, why don't you install the gold cover on it?

cause i dont want to, somehow i knew the first comment would be that.
he changed both...but the sound is cleaner on the neck pup because of the cover where as the bridge is louder and more sensitive w/o a cover... mark tremonti of alterbridge does the same with his signature PRS
Quote by pacman-man
cause i dont want to, somehow i knew the first comment would be that.

haha, dunno why, it just looks different, original at least

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
cool bigsby also i think you should paint it similar to the way you did your epi i thought that looked really cool. and i go to the one on 16th ave too, it's a small world
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by spiritinthesky9
cool bigsby also i think you should paint it similar to the way you did your epi i thought that looked really cool. and i go to the one on 16th ave too, it's a small world

i am painting it. and next time your at guitarworks, im the guy with the long hair. not the tall one with the long blode hair. im the scronny one with the girls pants and the long brown hair. im mitch. come talk i give you good deal.
Nice can't wait to see this one finshed either.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
Dude youve got some guts guts to mod such a nice guitar, I cant wait to see the final pics!
I think you should do that pickguard thing again, that looked feckin' amazing.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
I think you should do that pickguard thing again, that looked feckin' amazing.

Nooo leave it without a pickguard, I much prefer LP's without pickguards. But seeing as it's not my guitar if Pacman-man wants to add a pickguard and paint it it's his choice. But I'll agree that it was a pretty spanking paintjob on the pickguard (and the whole guitar for that matter, made me drool)
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
well, he is getting me to paint the back again and im gonna admit im even nervous about working on a $5000 guitar. but he knows what he wants.
Quote by pacman-man
hey guess what.... it is finnished

Wooo Hooo!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom- Alpine White
Marshall MG30DFX

Soon To Get:
Keeley Fuzz Head
I'm unsure about my next amp.
Looking for amp with great blues tone.
Page 1 of 2