Upgrade the amp I had a gdec a while ago and i sold it asap and ended up making a profit on it. Get rid of it and get a valve amp if you have the money... its more in the amp than the guitar if you wanna sound awesome.
my friend upgraded the pups on his standard strat and it was like a whole new guitar. maybe get locking tuners too. all that should be under 250 bucks.

and you can get a vox valvetronix, all that for under 500, it'll be like a whole new setup.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Upgrading the amp will actually give you way better tone than upgrading your guitar will
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
so... the G-Dec isnt good? dang, cuz I just got it... -_-
Also, what Pick ups should I get?
Last edited by teamslapaho at Aug 16, 2006,
no, it is not. yes, it is versatile, but the tone just sucks. its too artificial cuz it models so many other amps. try one, you may like it. i dont, i hate it.
Save up more and get a Twin Reverb
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Well, get whatever you're happy with, but don't just buy **** because it's cheap like the GDEC and Spiders are.

What model GDEC do you have? What is your status playing, gigging, bedroom warrior? What do you play? What's your budget?
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Well, get whatever you're happy with, but don't just buy **** because it's cheap like the GDEC and Spiders are.

What model GDEC do you have? What is your status playing, gigging, bedroom warrior? What do you play? What's your budget?

I have the original G-Dec... My status is currently a bedroom warrior but I'm putting a band together, which may work out, or it may not. But I do play a lot. I play mostly rock, and some metal. My budget is $500 total (between Amps and Pickups, or just an Amp)
If you want some good pups fo ur strat, get some fender vintage style pickups.
My Gear:

Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender 48th Street Strat
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Martin Koa Acoustic
Some crappy unnamed bass
dude just get an amp first. Dont bother with pickups yet because you dont know how ur pickups will sound through a new amp. A amp is the more important to tone.
Vox Valvetronix AD50/100 if you have the money or Roland Cube. Both are under $500 Canadian so should be under your price range. I'd say the Strat is a good guitar anyway so it'll do for a bit, maybe save up for new pups.