Does anyone know of any practice guids on the web that really help with getting your speed down for soloing? I'm just looking for a really good lesson. No flamin, im just looking for some help.
i don't know about lessons, but i would suggest doing chromatic scale on 1st fret

|-------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4---4-3-2-1-----------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------1-2-3-4---------------------4-3-2-1---------------------------------|
|-----------------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------------4-3-2-1-------------------------|
|-------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1-----------------|
|---------1-2-3-4---------------------------------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1---------|
|-1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1-|

practice that untill you can do it very fast, and do variations

some people prolly have better ideas, just what i do
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by cho1
^^ from mick thompson video..

lol Mick Thomson didn't invent this exercise, it's been around for many a year.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by cho1
^^ from mick thompson video..

And Homer came up with all of the Greek gods on his own.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Get the "Metal Lead Guitar" book by Troy Stetina - its great.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
Ive heard that John Petrucci's Rock Discipline is supposed to be very good...and hes fast...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Troy Stetina is teh pwn. I use his Speed For Lead book, and I'm looking to get the rest of his Lead Guitar series too.