I need some help when it comes to gaining speed on the minor pentatonic. When i seem to try to solo somthing fast i just cant play it as fast as i want too, so i need some ideas for practicing speed specifically for the minor pentatonic.

if there are licks, drills, ways you achieved it, anything i would be thankful.
set your metronome for a comfortable speed, and go up and down the scale in sixteenth notes, and slowly increase the speed, as you get each speed clean, and do this if you can on a guitar set to clean or an acoustic guitar(i say this because if you acoustic has a higher action your fingers are trying harder to do something and building more muscle, so when you go back to the electric its really easy and you fly)
dude, practice, loots and loots practice, im practicing as i type and i only get better from putting myself towards this advantage, that and soul-full mind-unlocking,spirit-unlocking medicine...lol just joking use sum thought.
also try 2 note pentatonic scales which sound rather fascinating, and move up the frets till you get a good rhythm going, im just saying this because i learned major p'tentatonics wicked quik, but there's still lots im working on
Make sure you have your fingers waiting directly above the string ready to press down (I used to keep my fingers way off the fretboard), the less distance there is to cover the faster you'll be able to do it.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Metronome and correct practice. You'll have to search for it but there's a thread posted way back on speed building where you start off slowly making sure every note is clean blah blah blah.

Learn this way and you'll get faster but don't just practice the generic run through the shapes. Practice skipping strings, hammer-ons/pulloffs using the scale notes and sliding between the shapes on every string. That's a good start.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Pentatonics are actually harder to pick fast than say the major scale. The reason
is that with only 2 notes per string you have to do a lot more picking across strings.

Speed mechanics for lead guitar has some good exercises for it -- see the 5
cross string picking mechanics part. You have to get those down pretty well to
do fast picking on pentatonics.

Also, you can go with the Frank Gambale method. In a nutshell you need to be
able to cover 2 pentatonic positions at once. This gives you 3 notes per string
and opens up the possibility of sweeping right through the pent scale. This
can be crazy fast assuming you can get comfortable with the HUGE fret spacing.
Thanks I will def. try this stuff.

Where can I find the speed mechanics thing.