I'm really into New-Wave, and I couldn't think of anywhere to post about it other than here, so I'm going to start posting about New-Wave in this forum, and see if it works out.

Anyway, is anyone a fan of the band Nena? They're one of many bands of that era whose other works were overshadowed by their one major hit, but they had alot of great material that alot of people aren't aware of.

Check out this video for Leuchtturm, for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TZ1Sg75FI
i like 99 luftballoons...

nah but seriously, i don't think i've actually heard any of their other stuff. i'll check em out, but only because it's you, jord

unluCKY...

edit: ok i watched the video. i liked that song more than 99 luftballoons cool stuff
from daylight...
...into darkness
what other songs would you recommend? i wouldn't mind hearing some more

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
SARGASM YOUR THE COOLEST PERSON I KNOW!!

about time someone started a New Wave thread... i'll be here every day from now on. Ohh and about your question, yes I love her music... although I only have her 99 Luftballons cd. I've been lucky enough to listen to her other songs from her later work. I think she started my whole love for Euro-pop, so to speak.
Eeee, thanks. I'm glad I got some response.

I've actually found her stuff pretty hard to find. I went to 2 really good record stores that tend to have alot of good New-Wave stuff, but I didn't see anything.

Even on p2p, I've had a pretty hard time finding anything but Greatest Hits type stuff. Although I did find cool live versions of 99 Luftballons and Leuchtturm.
Quote by sargasm
Eeee, thanks. I'm glad I got some response.

I've actually found her stuff pretty hard to find. I went to 2 really good record stores that tend to have alot of good New-Wave stuff, but I didn't see anything.

Even on p2p, I've had a pretty hard time finding anything but Greatest Hits type stuff. Although I did find cool live versions of 99 Luftballons and Leuchtturm.

No... thank YOU for starting this. This thread better not die.

Well the reason why I was able to find a couple of tracks here and there is because of the Amoeba music store that's near me. It carried singles cd's of their stuff at some point and I decided to take a listen and actually quite liked it.