Guys so do i? I know active electronics inrease the treble in a guitar...if i want "active pickups" in a guitar (EMG 81/85), so i also need to install active electronics?

Also, if not, do active electronics sound good in you opinion?

Thanks
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
Ah, so you're trying to go for Kerry King's pickup setup (I don't think I used the right words)?
Yes you do. I would recommend you take your guitar to a shop to have them do it, that way if they fuck it up they owe you a replacement. If you fuck it up, you just look like a tit. If you buy the Zakk Wylde set you get everything you need for both pickups and some lame freebies. The Kerry King set is the same and comes with an afterburner, which most people agree is a worthless piece of shit.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Haha, well, the guitar im getting comes with active electronics so i guess i just have to get the pickups individually and save some money!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
yeah, but when you get the EMG's they come with all the extra wiring, the new pots, and all the other stuff that they need, so you will need to install everything else..but like the guy above said, bring it to a shop, that way you have assurances if it gets screwed up, but if its a good shop then it shouldnt get too screwed up, i mean, if you get the ones that are already prewired, all they have to do is pop them in.
Go get your shovel.
Last edited by SynGates7X at Aug 16, 2006,