hi im looking to buy a les paul-type gutiar for around 150£ i have seymor duncan pickups to put into it so all i realy need is a guitar with a good build quality and woods, in my local shop there is a westfeild les paul if i were to put seymor alnico pups in to it would it sound decent through a vox ac?
umm agile i suppose, maybe a japanese knock off like orville i cant really think of any
tokai, some tokai are REALLY nice. agile of course, i LOVE my agile, so do most people that play it .
Quote by dertjoe
umm agile i suppose, maybe a japanese knock off like orville i cant really think of any

Orvilles aren't that cheap and were actually made my gibson.
i know orvilles were made by gibson but they were supposed to be the japanese epiphone but ended up sounding too close to the real thing, but i see orvilles in pawnshops for 200-500 thats why i mentioned them
Vintage are nice... and you could sell off the wilkos in there for some extra moola.

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I'll get my ass flamed off for this, but, Try some Epiphones. I have an Epiphone Les Paul studio, and it sounds great, and it's still stock at the moment. Nice neck, nice body, and hasnt crapped out on me yet.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by dertjoe
i know orvilles were made by gibson but they were supposed to be the japanese epiphone but ended up sounding too close to the real thing, but i see orvilles in pawnshops for 200-500 thats why i mentioned them

Orville aren't and never were Japanese Epiphone. Gibson started selling the Orville branded guitars in Japan to compete with all the Japanese guitar manufacturers selling Gibson clones at less than 1/2 the price of a Gibson.

And if you can get Orvilles at pawn shops for $200, you'd make a fortune buying them up and resellign them on ebay. They sell for about $750 on ebay.

And Epiphone guitars are ok, but avoid the Studio. It's complete garbage.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^Hey Crunch, is the Agile AL-3000 really good?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It is. Despite my other guitars, it's the guitar I play the most.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Stagg makes a Les Paul rip-off for about that. But honestly...no guitar in that price range is worth buying..IMO. Theyre all going to feel cheap, go out of tune with a couple of chords, break easy, have horible feel...ect.

Save up...if you really have a Vox AC(30?) then you should probably get a nice guitar...
I've heard very good things about the Agile AL-3000 though I've never played one myself. But do not get a Les Paul 100. I highly regret buying one.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Many of the low end guitars are pretty crappy. And if you're buying from a brand name (Epiphone), their cheapest models are total crap. As far as I'm concerned, my AL-3000 was the best $360 I ever spent on a guitar.

I would definetly recommend saving up some more money and getting omething that will last you. I have one of the mid range Epiphones and love it. Pickups could use an upgrade but other than that it is great. Never goes out of tune, neck feels perfect and finish is flawless. I got this back when they were $600 new. I knew the store owner and got mine for $425.

Save up and get one of the higher end Agiles or Epiphones. You will be a lot happier in the long run.