Hi people.

This is the first verse to a song/poem I wrote in like 10 minutes. I'd just like to see what people think of it and whenther I should carry on or not.

Bear in mind that this song is tongue-in-cheek, and not about any incident in particular. OK, here:

I wish I was a cowboy
With a vision and a bomb
Concealed in the heel of a shoe.
For religious reign I'd crash that plane and I
Don't care whose lives I take
Cos in the end, I'll be gone too.

There, first verse. If you haven't already guessed, the arrangement is a simple C-F-G country progression on acoustic guitar. Shall I carry it on or is this type of satire-folk-song genre tired?
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Well it may well be tired genre (not for me to say), but that doesn't stop others carrying on with it, so, yeah.

TBH I don't know how suitable this really is as a first verse. It basically covers the entire subject and it touches on the "end" of it, too. Maybe a chorus, or something, but, content-wise, it'd be a strange first verse.

Heh, it's a cool title. Cowboys are cool. Especially the gay ones, if you'll forgive my generalising

The first four words of the song "I wish I was", make me expect you to say "punk rocker" or something annoying like that...

Anyway, yeah, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't add to this. Though your version of 'satire' could be more subtle. You've basically stooped to sarcasm, like. Try to make it a little less obvious.

Ro
ρ