i play plenty of metal,metalcore,screamo
and my guitar is ESP clipse II with two emg 81
i got a J&H ultimate overdrive and a boss ns-2...nth else
should i get a eq?
Quote by suicidalmoose
what amplifier do you have, tube or s/s?

ibanez valbee and suck line 6 spider II
Quote by lespaul_rentals
Look into a Boss MT-2. It's got some pretty sweet distortion for metal.

i hate the mid-less tone-_-
I'd say yes on the EQ dude, it's one of those things that you can use 10 years from now. You'll never use an MT-2 or Distortion pedal in like a year - you already seem against the MT-2 anyways. I like ure guitar btw, so yer an EQ or Sonic Maximizer (basically an EQ that delays sertain parts of the sound spectrum to make ure sound a bit fuller).
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
I'd say yes on the EQ dude, it's one of those things that you can use 10 years from now. You'll never use an MT-2 or Distortion pedal in like a year - you already seem against the MT-2 anyways. I like ure guitar btw, so yer an EQ or Sonic Maximizer (basically an EQ that delays sertain parts of the sound spectrum to make ure sound a bit fuller).

so it's a eq with delay?
in my living place,i think i can only choose from ge-7,boss 20 bands twin pedal,mxr 10 band eq,mxr kfk eq,or the berinhger 1
Quote by stephen201
so it's a eq with delay?
in my living place,i think i can only choose from ge-7,boss 20 bands twin pedal,mxr 10 band eq,mxr kfk eq,or the berinhger 1

Well the sonic maximizer isn't strictly an EQ pedal at all because it doesn't have controls for each frequency band but rather an overall EQ control for adjusting it's effect.

MXR are rated very high in the EQ field, i'd pick them if i were u.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
Well the sonic maximizer isn't strictly an EQ pedal at all because it doesn't have controls for each frequency band but rather an overall EQ control for adjusting it's effect.

MXR are rated very high in the EQ field, i'd pick them if i were u.

actually wt's the difference between kfk 1 and the other 1?
Quote by stephen201
actually wt's the difference between kfk 1 and the other 1?

kfk is the kerry king signature model - not sure what the real difference between the two are but i think it might have something to do with the stereo output/dual outputs on the kfk and perhaps the kfk has more signal gain? I would go with the standard one because i'm not the biggest fan of sig equipment.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
kfk is the kerry king signature model - not sure what the real difference between the two are but i think it might have something to do with the stereo output/dual outputs on the kfk and perhaps the kfk has more signal gain? I would go with the standard one because i'm not the biggest fan of sig equipment.

ic~thx very much~~
i think you need a new amp are you happy with the tone you get from the Ibanewz amp
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join