On a les paul? I noticed the ZW set comes with long and short pots but ideally i wanted to buy the 81/85 pickups seperately so i could get the white option instead of black. These only come with the short volume/tone pots so will these be the right ones for a Les paul or are the longs one required?

Customising it with white would look so much better but is the finish as long last as the black ones, anyone have either of them installed?
Actually,deppens on the pickup style:
HHumbucker always uses a 500k pot and a single coil always uses a 250k pot.
Well they are humbucking on the les paul and zakk wylde set so is that long or short that are needed?
Quote by Guitar0player

actually i think the emg active humbuckers use 25k pots.

http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/Humbuckers_active.pdf
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Last edited by GnGonzalesjoe at Aug 16, 2006,
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe
actually i think the emg active humbuckers use 25k pots.

http://www.emginc.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/Humbuckers_active.pdf

Yeah EMG's active line use 25k pots. The short posts should be fine. I used the short pots on a LP that a kid had me install the pickups on. You could just open the back of your guitar up and look at the length of the pots already in the guitar.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Quote by Guitar0player

hahahahaha

active=25 k pots

and i dont know bout the long pots or not- ive always used short ones on the guitars ive done- but ive never dont a lp

if you have a maple top id think you need the longer pots- if its not, then you should be good
yeah shafts dont matter, long as theyre 25k pots

and on a maple top, you better not use EMGs unless youve got some damn thick strings cause it'll end up sounding way to shrill
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs