So I have a Squier strat. I've played Fender MIA's and there is a huge difference as we all know. I want to know why there is a huge difference. I know the wood is ****, but what else is bad? I've heard the nut may be plastic and that effects the tone. The action on my mine is extremely high and only produces a good tone when your finger is right against the fret wire. Maybe the frets need leveled? Could the neck not be at the correct angle away from the body? I would like to work on it to make it play better so any thoughts on things I should look at would be appreciated.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
The pickups are different. Squiers use cheap pickups (no offense) and Fender tend to use stuff like Seymour Duncans and their own pickups whichh are really good.
Well, I've got one too, and it plays reasonably well, just the tone is bad. The electronics are all different, the wood's not as good, the nut is plastic, the tuners are different, and it's not constructed with the same quality.
I'm more concerned with the playability than the tone. I know the wood and the pickups are cheap, but why do MIA's play so much better. Everyone says because they are constructed better, I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what aspects are constructed better.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
nope. i've a squier stratocaster standard that sounds much better than a highway1 strat my friend have. maybe it's special but the only problem with it is the buzz for being bad grounded.
a squier standard that sounds better than a MIA strat???? You didnt happen to plug your friends guitar into a pile of dog poo instead of an amp did you?
Quote by Raven
i would much rather go to the ****ing hospital and have them surgically reattach my penis instead of slap some silly puddy on there and call 'er "mangled johnny"
squiers are good in the respect of their quality of necks. squiers are generally cheap right? well whats the most important thing needed to play a guitar well. a neck. sure argue about the body wood or the pickups. but essentially you cant play a guitar with no neck. squier necks tend to be good quality, thats why the rest is mediocre at best. whereas mia's are focused on everything. i must admit though some of the early squier strats are very nice to play. you pay for what you get. squier are giving you the best quality they can by focusing on the essentials whilst selling guitars at such prices. still love mia's over a squier anyday, consequently you do get some very strange squiers that are amazing by say luck of the draw. same with some mim's.

in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^