i want to buy an epi sg for my gf because she wants to learn how to play. my question is are all the epi sg's neck heavy? if they are, is there a was to make it un- neck heavy?
Consider a different model. Ibanez makes a light weight S-Series that plays nice. It's really really light, an has a slightly narrower and thinner neck.

- J

Quote by bluehawk15620
i want to buy an epi sg for my gf because she wants to learn how to play. my question is are all the epi sg's neck heavy? if they are, is there a was to make it un- neck heavy?
i dont know about their sg's but i know my les paul standard is like a bar-bell strapped over my shoulder
fender nashville telecaster
epiphone les paul standard
yamaha eg 112
alvarez rf20sc
fender stage 1000
brownsville wah
she wants an sg not an ibanez u tard, if ur not gonna post aboout the topic then don't post, it isn't rocket science
man.. just buy parts, and build her a custom one.. that she would fall in love wiht!!
Quote by bluehawk15620
she wants an sg not an ibanez u tard, if ur not gonna post aboout the topic then don't post, it isn't rocket science

Sheesh, he's helping. If your girlfriend wants an SG she should suck it up and don't nag about the neck-heaviness.

Anyway, ESP (LTD) has the Viper series, which is an improved SG, IMO. Slightly different shape, I think it's in better balance than the Gibbo original.
If she wants an SG, and won't accept anything else, then why are you posting about it? Go to the store and pick the guitar up to find out if it's heavy.
Quote by bluehawk15620

You fucking asshole. SG's are neck heavy, because of the smaller body and the materials in the neck. You're stuck with it.
This guy gives you a valid suggestion, and you bite his head off. Fuck off.
you can get a thick padded strap that will help it sit on her shoulder. Otherwise you just get used to it.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

The problem is not that sg's are heavy, they are extremely light, because of this, the guitar will swing neck first down to the ground if you let go while playing standing up, thats why he said "neck heavy", not "heavy".

I think its just something you have to deal with, unless you want to add another strap button on the headstock, which would be about the dumbest thing ever.
You fucking asshole. SG's are neck heavy, because of the smaller body and the materials in the neck. You're stuck with it.
This guy gives you a valid suggestion, and you bite his head off. Fuck off.

i'm not trying to bite his head off i just think its bull**** how u try to ask a question on these forums and no body answers it, they just give u other suggestions, if i wanted suggestions i'd ask for them, moron
Quote by 1fine69
The problem is not that sg's are heavy, they are extremely light, because of this, the guitar will swing neck first down to the ground if you let go while playing standing up, thats why he said "neck heavy", not "heavy".

I think its just something you have to deal with, unless you want to add another strap button on the headstock, which would be about the dumbest thing ever.

thank you
Quote by bluehawk15620
i'm not trying to bite his head off i just think its bull**** how u try to ask a question on these forums and no body answers it, they just give u other suggestions, if i wanted suggestions i'd ask for them, moron

Yep...thick leather strap...it wilil keep the guitar from diving when your playing standing up. When your sitting down it's not an isue.

it's something people learn to deal with.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit

Quote by bluehawk15620

Well your a rude little monkey arent ya.. If your GF wants an SG, then shes just gonna have to live with the weight issues.. I presonally wouldent recommend an SG for a girl, especially if shes just starting out playing. (might wanna go for something cheaper just in case she gets bored and gives up playing.)

Oh yeah thats right, you didnt want suggestions!

Well then buy her an sg and when she bitches that its top heavy, and that the neck is too fat for her fingers to fit around, tell her to shut the hell up and play it cause thats what she wanted.. Take a 5 pound weight and glue it to the back of the body near the bottom to balance out the weight.. I dunno, what a stupid question anyway..