I currently have a stock Epiphone Les Paul. I have been working out a trade with someoen and they offered me Gibson Pickups. They are 490R and 490T. How much better would these be than my Epiphones pickups? How much are these 2 worth?
It would be a noticeable upgrade as there's no comparing Epi stock pickups and Gibson stock pickups. Although, you should probably check what 'buckers are already in there to make sure you're not just getting the same ones.
I don't know the exact models. The Epi site doesn't say. All I know is that they are stock Epiphone humbuckers. How much would the Gibson ones be worth? Would they be a great upgrade?
Gibson pickups would be a huge upgrade from the Epi pickups. However, the 49x pickups aren't Gibson's best. But I have them in my LP Studio and I like them. I"VE HEARd better, but heard a lot worse too (Epi pickups being a prime example).
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Well are they a $75us difference? I will be trading my Schecter for those pickups and $325us.

Are they going to be a similiar style to the Epi just better tone?
Keep the Schecter, it's got better pickups in it already (JB/Jazz, right?)
Quote by Danno13
Keep the Schecter, it's got better pickups in it already (JB/Jazz, right?)

Yup has those pickups in it. But I don't like the feel of the guitar. The Epi is so much more comfortable to me. The neck is so much more comfortable. I don't really love the Schecter. I just got it because I got it for a good deal.
So why not put the Duncans in the Epi, and sell the Schecter (with Epi pickups) as a "customized"?
Quote by Danno13
So why not put the Duncans in the Epi, and sell the Schecter (with Epi pickups) as a "customized"?

The hardware color doesn't match and if I put the Epi Pickups into the Schecter, they wouldn't be tapped. I don't think that they have 4 conductor wiring. The Epi hardware is silver and the Schecters is gold. I would have to pay someone to un-wax the pickups from their covers or something like that.