I've been lookin for a while, but cant seem to find any info about what gear he uses... i dont need the deep details, but if anyone know anything i would appreciate it very much
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!
He uses mostly Gibson custom shop stuff, the LPs mostly. He's known to also pull out some Custom shop ES-335s and similar. That's all I know about guitars for him.

Preeeety sure he runs through Marshalls just I don't know what ones.
Anyone know what overdrive/disortion he uses? or is it straight from his amp?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Its straight from his amp he uses plexis like most of the 70s guys do. TS you should be able to hit his tone perfect with the amp you got
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I think you'd have an easier time asking "what doesn't Joe Perry use". His rig is huge, but changes around a lot. Here's the rundown of what I can find...

Guitars

Joe Perry Signature Models
Gibson ES-355 "Billie"
Gibson ES-335
Chandler "Tele-Strat" (the blue sparkle guitar usually used for sweet emotion)
Washburn custom strat style guitar
Gretsch White Falcon
Vintage Telecasters
Vintage Stratocasters
Dan Armstrong guitars
EB/MM 6 string bass (usually used for back in the saddle)
There are others, but I can't find them online and can't remember them right now

Amps

Fender Vibroverb (the model that predated the 1x15 amp...I think it has 2 10" speakers in it)
Wizard Heads
(Joe has stated in several interviews that the Vibroverb/Wizard mix is his main tone, but there have also been several tours since then where he didn't have a single Wizard or Vibroverb in his rig)
Bogner Ecstacy
Gibson GA20 (during the Just Push Play tour, I seemed like he only used a wall of these. I can't find a single photo from that tour that shows any other amp in his backline)
200 Watt Marshall Majors

Effects

Hughes & Kettner Rotosphere
Bixonic Expandora
Digitech Whammy
Chandler Delay
Boss Delay
Line6 DL4 Delay
Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus
Custom Talk Box
2 control strips from a vintage Neve console
Roland VG?? Guitar Synth (I know he used this a lot to get acoustic sounds for stuff like dream on and livin on the edge, but I can't remember or find the specific synth he used. He had 2 Joe Perry signature pauls - the early trans-black models - outfitted with GK2A pickups for the synth stuff)

That's all I can find for now...I know he uses way more than I've listed here, but this is all I can find. There was an issue of guitar world back in 98 or 99 that listed all of his gear, but I can't find it right now...I'll have to dig when I have time.
THough he does use a large array of gear, his tone is rather simple.

Strats/Teles/LPs/Gibby Hollows through Plexi's/800's will get the gist of his tone
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
thanks guys appriciate all the help
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Takamine G Series 6&12 string accoustics

Marshall JCM 800 50w 1987 (4 input)
Marshall 1936 Cab

Jim Dunlop CryBaby
MXR 10 band EQ

R n'fn' R!