hey guys. have to buy an electric guitar.(my first)
here r the choices-
Epiphone G310SG
ESP EC5
ESP Viper50
Ibanez GAX70
Washburn WI14
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
..........want to play stuff like def leppard, acdc, maiden etc
pls help guys, which one???????
If your really into the old school acdc style stuff go for an Epiphone or a Fender. At first I also didn't think much of Fenders but with time I've learned to appriciate how easy to play on they are.
Ibanez is a good all-round choice, my best friend has one and it's a great guitar.
Advice for your first guitar: not too heavy, not floyd rose tremelo system and make sure you like it.
well, the esp viper is cool, but Ibanez guitars are great for harmonics, and alot of faster more heavy metal stuff. If you want me to take a look at it tell me what site it can be found on. Rock on dude.
Ibanez hands down. At that price there the best your gonna get for the money. Or an Agile...
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Forgot to mention... my brother has a Washburn, they're good begginer guitars, but they're not the best for performing in my opinion. I never tried and ESP so I can't comment on them.
Seriously, if I had to chose my first guitar now it would either be a Fender or a Ibanez.
(not that I don't love my Lag but it was too advanced for me when I bought it)
Try adding in a Yamaha Pacifica 112 to that list, my friend tried it in a shop against an Ibanez GRX40 for a starter guitar, and though the Ibanez neck was every bit as nice as you'd expect, the Yamaha thrashed it in terms of tone, especially on cleans.

I've never played an Epi LP Special 2, but I researched them for that same friend, and they seem to be really, really unpopular.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by MiG_853
(not that I don't love my Lag but it was too advanced for me when I bought it)

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly does that mean?
Quote by TheUnholy
Try adding in a Yamaha Pacifica 112 to that list, my friend tried it in a shop against an Ibanez GRX40 for a starter guitar, and though the Ibanez neck was every bit as nice as you'd expect, the Yamaha thrashed it in terms of tone, especially on cleans.

I've never played an Epi LP Special 2, but I researched them for that same friend, and they seem to be really, really unpopular.

i have the grx40 and personally love it. the single coils on it are sh!t but the humbucker is really nice and all i ever use. The neck is great, and i never play cleans nor have played the pacifica so i woudln't know, i personally think the ibanez blows away any fenders (especally squeers) just because the neck makes it so much faster
Lag is a french guitar make... my first own guitar was the Lag AK 100, which is still the only electric I have. It's a floyd rose 24 fret guitar, with twin humbuckers and another pick-up in between.
When I bought it I had no idea the trouble floyd rose would give, nor did I know the advantages it later brought.
A begginer doesn't need a 24 fret floyd rose guitar...
I'm pretty sure the EC50 and Viper 50 are made of agathis. Could be wrong though. I have a G-310 right now and I'm really happy with it. It's not the best, but I didn't expect the best for $200.

I just checked it out and the ESPs and the Ibanez you mentioned are agathis. I'm not sure what's bad about agathis, but I've heard a lot of people say how bad it was.
Last edited by TheAdict310 at Aug 16, 2006,
Get the Yamaha Pacifica/Ibanez GRX40, its very good for starters. Dont get the ESP, like said, its made from agathis. Agathis wood isnt a very good wood, bad sustain, not as solid as most reliable wood out there, dents easier. Basically its slightly better then plywood, and its just for the pickups, bridge and knobs to cling on thats all.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by smathur666
hey guys. have to buy an electric guitar.(my first)
here r the choices-
Epiphone G310SG
ESP EC5
ESP Viper50
Ibanez GAX70
Washburn WI14
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
..........want to play stuff like def leppard, acdc, maiden etc
pls help guys, which one???????

GAXES SUCK! cheap knockoff of AX's i have one( an AX), the very bottom of a GAX neck is like 5 inches wide (no joke) and its made of agathis u know i kinda want to say the g-310 after all angus used a sg ( ) and sgs have a nice feel to em, if not that then the lp special, than the washburn