Hey guys wondering of you can help me out, my bands name is Infiltrated, we are quit known and up coming band in the underground scene of Malaysia, anyway we have been live gigs for like 2 years, but our sound balancing is abit screwd up all the time, im the lead guitarist, some times my rhytm guitarist will be too loud or i wil be too loud, we are slowly getting the balancing right, my question is, what kind of AMP Setting should i as a lead and my rhytm guitarist should use to make the sound equally balanced, i dont solo in all songs, only have important parts hahaha, so care to share the opnion? oh you can check us out at www.myspace.com/infiltrated
Well to get a good sound off stage, you have to make sure all the instruments are equally balanced. Make sure your guitars are at the mid frequencies in order for them to sound good in the mix. As for your guitar solo's and the rhythm over powering you, I suggest in buying an EQ pedal to boost the volume.
what you need to remember is that what you hear on stage is totally different to what the audience will hear.

So in the sound check step off stage and go as far as you can with all the leads permitting you to and really listen to the sound and balance from there.

If you can do that coz its a big stage then you need to get somebody else to stand where the audience will be and get them to tell you what levels to go to.

if the amps are miced up and you have them running through the pa with a sound engineer controlling it, ideally he should be in the middle of the audience and he will tell you what your levels will be...

for you to hear everything onstage balanced out you will need monitors which will be different mixes for each part of the stage, so near the lead guitar amp there will be less of that amp because that will be right behind you...but if you cant afford enough monitors, then the person in most need of one is the drummer because usually he is behind (or in level) with all the amps with all the sound going away from him and he is goin to hear very little of it with the drums drowning everything out....

and i urge you t invest in some pedal that will boost your sound for your solos
thank you so much for your help guys really appreciate it, im currently using an Ibanez GIO(ya i know a cheapo guitar) and a GNX 3 multieffect padel board, jst sometimes i cant get the right voluem out of it, any help on that?
Getting good sound live is difficult,mainly because different size venues need different setup.The best thing to do is get someone with live experience to help out, someone you know has an idea what they're doing.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
And make sure your singer is loud enough, and don't play TOO loud,it muddies things up if your sound is bouncing off the walls at full blast.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.