Hey, i just wanna know wat amp is best in the region of £150, cos i need to upgrade my 10 watt amp. Ive seen a 50 watt nevada amp on ebay, is tht gd?
go for a VOX AD15VT best you'll get. U might be able to afford the 30watt if u wait a bit longer

EDIT its a tube hybrid so it be louder than a solid state 15 watt amp
I agree about the vox amps. they're good. I've only played on the AD50, but the smaller ones should still be good and have most of the features
If it smells OK, taste it.
hey thnks guys, i just wanna add some detail.
i wanna play for gigs n stuff, and i wanna amp in tht price range. which of the amps plays loudest without the least distortion to a clean effect?
Quote by Maddy!

EDIT its a tube hybrid so it be louder than a solid state 15 watt amp

O rly?

it shouldn't be, cos its a SS power amp, with a tube preamp, so a 15W hybrid shounds the same as a 15W SS
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Lc15 or a vox ad30 are your best options in my opinion.

Good luck mate

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by AndyPandy
O rly?

it shouldn't be, cos its a SS power amp, with a tube preamp, so a 15W hybrid shounds the same as a 15W SS

I believe it has one tube in the power amp stage, though I could be wrong.
That said, it doesn't make any tonal difference worth the increased price.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by AndyPandy
O rly?

Actually it is one pre amp tube located right in the beginning of the power amp. It adds some warmth IMO but it definetly is not tubes.

You are going to be hard pressed to find an amp that can gig without a PA for only 150. Go for the Vox if you can though. Great amps.
hey, ive narrowed it down to a line 6 spider 30 watt amp, or a marshall 30 watt amp. which is better value for money?
Neither

The general rep about the Line 6 Spiders and Marshall MG's (Whichj I presume is the Marshal you're looking at) Is that there are much better amps around and 30watts probably wont be enough to gig with
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join