I know JCM 800 is one of the top classic tube around.
I am wondering if JCM900 will have the same tone as JCM800

It seems like JCM800 has only one channel and JCM900 is dual channel and many more knobs

I am wondering if there is a point to getting JCM800 over 900, as some guitarists perfer it over 900

If you were to choose? Which one and why

Thanks
Its a personal choice, I'd choose the JCM 800 (2203) because I prefer the one channel and the way it works. THAT BEING SAID it is MY personal preferance and may not hold any relevance to yours, I also have alot more time on an 800 than on a 900 and there are other models of 800's included a dual channel. I think the line around here is "900's are more modern sounding and have more gain"
it actually won't have the same tone, thats why there are two different models ^^...
but why don't post what kinda music-stlyes you play?
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Not to steal the topic, but I've heard people speak of the JCM800's cleans. How can you get cleans and OD on a JCM800 if it's a single channel amp?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
And how exactly would that work?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Quote by Ambulance X
And how exactly would that work?

You turn it up, it overdrives the tubes
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
it turns up the pre amp without turning up the whole volume, thus driving the pre amp tubes.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Ambulance X
Not to steal the topic, but I've heard people speak of the JCM800's cleans. How can you get cleans and OD on a JCM800 if it's a single channel amp?

Volume knob.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'd say an 800 with a decent overdrive pedal. It has a fatter tone than a 900, and with a pedal, it effectively has two channels.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I would choose the JCM900 because of the ease and versatility of the 2nd channel. They're both going to sound good, so I don't think you will have to worry about that. You'll just have to figure out what sort of features are important to you.

And make sure you try both of them before you buy.
I've got a 60 watt 900 and one of my friend has a 50 watt jcm 800, The 800 just has a much fatter tone... it has a real presence to it. I'd seriously reccomend an 800 with a pedal. The pedal gives you an extra channel anyway.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I ahve a JCM900. It has more modern soudns then the JCM800, but it can easlyy get classic Marshall sounds when cranked. A JCM800 with an overdrive pedal is virtually a two channel amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Look into an early (mid 80's) 2-channel JCM800. This way you can get more gain, and still have good cleans. Also, you'll still be able to get some vintage tones. 900's can get some vintage tones too. The 2-channel ones will be more versitile. both are good amps though.
Thanks guys, I'm now seraching for an 800. How much would you say a Used one would cost, I'm thinking around 800-1000 am I right?

And is it hard to change the tubes, for example if they happen to be the 6550s or something other than EL34s. its not too hard to change by oneself is it? or should that be professinoally done?, and where can that be done

thanks guys for the advice
btw- I yngwie'ish stuff /rock , so was looking for good marshall amp for that kind of music
its easy to physically change the tubes, but a tech will need to adjust the bias of the amplifier when switching tubes, especially from EL34's to 6550's