Hey I just got a jackson DK1, and I love it, but having gone from a set neck sg to the Jackson's bolt-on, the lack of sustain really annoys the f*ck out of me. so I'm looking for a good compressor to get more sustain. what would you guys suggest? I play metal. amp is a crate BV120HB
are you sure it's not a problem with setup somwhere, like pickups too high/low or action? It shouldn't be a drastic difference in sustain.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by alexisonfire478
Hey I just got a jackson DK1, and I love it, but having gone from a set neck sg to the Jackson's bolt-on, the lack of sustain really annoys the f*ck out of me. so I'm looking for a good compressor to get more sustain. what would you guys suggest? I play metal. amp is a crate BV120HB

You know that always confused me... Why does a pedal named "Compressor" add more sustain? Damn kids these days with their drugs.
Boss Compressor Sustainer? I have one and i like it a lot.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
what about the digitech compression/sustain (the X series I think)?

I borrowed one from work but I havent tried it out yet. is it any good?
havent tried that, but i know the Boss compressor/sustainer is awesome and i generally take Boss products over Digitech
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Usually I stick to BOSS products. I myself have a CS-3, which I'm quite satisfied with. If you wanna throw a little more money out there, you might want to try Tech 21. The Comptortion pedal looks pretty good, unless, of course, you want a clean sound. You play a Jackson, I presum that isn't what you want.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
the digitech one isn't bad... it's a little noisy if you're going for mad amounts of sustain, but it does add little amounts of sustain without much noise
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr