has any one else blocked there floid its got so much sustain now and its easy to tune and u can lock it stil its great yea!!! if u dont know what i mean this is a pic
Attachments:
DSC00032.jpg
My Gear

Guitars:
Ibanez S370 DX limited edition
Rockwood les paul copy
Crafter electro acoustic
Squier Fat Telecaster Vintage Blonde

Amps:
Skytronic piece of crap
VOX AD50VT

Quote by Salted_Peanuts
My mom has gingers

i should do that to my old guitar
mainly because i tightened the nut too tight and it ****ed up the threads, now it doesnt tighten enough
and i dont use the floyd rose anyways....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
If your'e not using your floyd you should give it to me
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
If your'e not using your floyd you should give it to me

ur funny i will have a big hole
My Gear

Guitars:
Rockwood les paul copy
Crafter electro acoustic

Amps:
Skytronic piece of crap
VOX AD50VT

Quote by Salted_Peanuts
My mom has gingers

Meh, I like using my Floyd Rose. Btw, what does blocking it do anyway? Like prevent the bridge from going up or down with the tremolo bar or both?
Quote by Leonheart
Meh, I like using my Floyd Rose. Btw, what does blocking it do anyway? Like prevent the bridge from going up or down with the tremolo bar or both?

yea it just stops it from moving so easy to tune and look after
My Gear

Guitars:
Rockwood les paul copy
Crafter electro acoustic

Amps:
Skytronic piece of crap
VOX AD50VT

Quote by Salted_Peanuts
My mom has gingers

My floyd is blocked aswell. I still use the locking nut though, and I can still move the whammybar down (strat-style). Plus I can easily switch tunings, and I have better sustain. So it's best of both worlds really. The only thing I can't do is pull the whammybar up but I don't really have need for it.
You might as well have big hole in your guitar if you're not going to use your floyd Fill it with bondo or something.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
are you purposely spelling floyd as "floid"?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
You guys are retarded!!!
Why the H would you buy a guitar with a floyd rose If your not even going to use it?

Floyd's are for big boys and a lacking "when blocked" compared to hardtails, I suggest you sell your guitar and buy a regular trem, hardtail or string through.

Or, you could take your training weels "blocks" off and learn how to maintain a floyd.

Jackson KV2 w/EMG'S
Jackson RR5
Epiphone EM1 reblel w/EMG's
Johnson Millenium 150
^he probably bought it cause it looked cool or something like that and then realized he didnt actually use the floyd
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by mickeysixx
You guys are retarded!!!
Why the H would you buy a guitar with a floyd rose If your not even going to use it?

Floyd's are for big boys and a lacking "when blocked" compared to hardtails, I suggest you sell your guitar and buy a regular trem, hardtail or string through.

Or, you could take your training weels "blocks" off and learn how to maintain a floyd.

Lets see....Yea....i cant really Remember when a Floyd Rose became a "Big boys toy".
Its not really harder to play at all....maybe different if switching from a hard tail...but I cant see why ur gonna put somebody down for customizing their guitar to suit their needs...It might be the equivilent of switching string gauges...its matter of opinion...and guess what...if he feels the need...he can take the block out and use it...get a life dude
Quote by Fretbored09
Lets see....Yea....i cant really Remember when a Floyd Rose became a "Big boys toy".
Its not really harder to play at all....maybe different if switching from a hard tail...but I cant see why ur gonna put somebody down for customizing their guitar to suit their needs...It might be the equivilent of switching string gauges...its matter of opinion...and guess what...if he feels the need...he can take the block out and use it...get a life dude

Customizing?
blocking a floyd is not Customizing.
As far as being for "big boys", Its pointless to have a floyd unless you know how keep one up and reset it for new string guages or tunings. Or if you have enough money to take it in to a shop to have it set up all the time.
I got a life,
Get some knowledge.
Duuuuuuuuuude.....lol
I got a floyd rose after playing for 1.5 years, and I loved it, even when you cant use it, its still fun to play around with. Its been so long since I have tuned a guitar by just turning the knobs. Taking the locking nuts and **** off doesnt even bother me anymore.
How is blocking i tremelo not customizing?
When you block it, your changing the way the guitar plays...hmm,sounds like customizing to me...Ok maybe if you still dont understand, i can put the word, Customize, in context.
"I customized my Tremelo so that it would have more sustain and so that i could tune down easier." does it make sense now?
I never use a tremolo, last time i had one I didn't have enough springs for my gague strings so it bucked up ridiculously high, also the action and intonation are sooo annoying ntm u hav to unscrew the nut to detune which isn't a problem for the thrash metal fans that use them but i have to change tunings a lot so i prefer a hardtail bridge. The other thing is i've never seen the point in a "floating" tremolo, i mean surley u cud just bend the note up if u wanted it to go higher?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."