Hey guys I'm thinking of selling my guitar and getting a new one
I'm pretty sure I want an Ibanez but I'm not sure which model I should get...I also pathetically do not know how much Ibanezs cost(The damn site doesn't say prices!)
With the money from my old guitar I'm pretty sure I'll have around $500...would that be enough? I also want to get a new Ibanez, no used ones.

My gear currently consists of: Boss ME-50 pedal board and a Marshall amp...don't know how to classify it but it says MG100DFX...if that helps...
The reason I wanted to get an Ibanez is because I admire Satch's works and he usually plays Ibanez, right?
Could you guys list some of the models that have worked for you (with links) so that I can go to the store and try them out?
hmmm, I havent played any ibanez guitars but based on looks alone, I would say get the Iceman, its around 500 bucks, and I think it looks sick ass hell. I'm gonna buy a cheap one soon, sand it down, customize the hell out of it and put my own custom image on the front...
- Gibson Les Paul Studio, Wine Red w/ Gold Hardware
I have had an Ibanez RG370DX for about a year now and it is a great guitar for rock, metal, hardcore etc. It hardly ever goes out of tune thanks to the locking trem and it's built pretty damn solid, never let me down. I always get a great sound from the pick-ups (H-S-H setup) and it also comes with a tremolo. Oh and it looks great in black, highly recommended. i got this guitar from sound control brand new for £300, dont know how much that is in dollars but 500 will cover it. Hope this was of help to you

http://www.guitarsuperstore.com/images/products/lrg_RG370DX.gif
if u like satch , try looking at some Ibanez S series with the ZR tremelo.
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
For that kinda cash, you're probably safe for an Ibanez S470. For prices, check this site out
- zZounds.com
- musiciansfriend.com
- music123.com

And about the amp, i'd have to agree with danno, MGs arent that great and the lead channel tends to get boring fast, you should save up for a better amp.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Well, while we're talking about amps... what about the Line 6 Spider II?

I'm not looking for anything to play arenas with but 75 watts for $200 seemed good. I liked the sounds and you have 4 different distortion pedals built in... saves some money.

I know it's not an awesome amp but for the price and what it comes with, how do you rate it?
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
no comments on the spider but if your just in your room, 30 watts is more than enough, no need for anything above that
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I rate it one out of ten.

One because it makes sound, minus nine because it sounds like a Casio keyboard from '84.
^
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by Bassman86
Well, while we're talking about amps... what about the Line 6 Spider II?

I'm not looking for anything to play arenas with but 75 watts for $200 seemed good. I liked the sounds and you have 4 different distortion pedals built in... saves some money.

I know it's not an awesome amp but for the price and what it comes with, how do you rate it?

If you want distortion then I recon it is really good for the price and if you just want a bedroom amp.
^ But the S470 would be better IMO, because Satch uses the whammy bar a lot.

Quote by Danno13
Sorry man, you need a new amp.

But I think he could manage with the ME-50 through the clean channel for now.

Quote by Danno13
I rate it one out of ten.

One because it makes sound, minus nine because it sounds like a Casio keyboard from '84.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Get the RG370DX or the RG470 if you can find it on stock (but it's hard to find it now). They're both very nice, with smooth action and good sounding wood and pickups. You can easily get the RG370DX for 400 ? more or less; I'd get it and then save the other 100 to get a Peavey or Marshall 30 watt amp later. Or get more money and buy only the RGT42DX, which is better than the other one. It costs 650?, and I swear you won't get dissapointed with this one.
I have an RG 320 FM and it's great. Cost me $399, but it needed a $35 setup when it arrived. It is an absolute dream to play, and because it has a locking trem system, it rarely goes out of tune. Check UG as they have loads of reviews for almost every kind of guitar.

Edit: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/rg320fm/index.html
My Guitar (looks good too!)
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre