Hi, im looking for an amp for gigging and for jamming, now ive mentioned names like the marshall mg series, wich everyone here seems to think is sh/y, same with the line6 spider, can anyone help with some advic on an amp, no more that £200 please and it must be good for gigging and jamming, thanks in advance
I had a Marshall Mg50, and I liked it. Although it really depends on what your asking of it. The Mg I had, had a good clean sound, good for country and oldies. The distortion was ok, it was good for bluesy things, not really a metal amp. I had it for about 3 or 4 years until it grew legs and walked away, and I had no problems with it, and I used frequently, at learst hour a day over that time. Also came with a footswitch, to a/b the effects and the dist. Effects wise the reverb was good, I didn't play with the other effects, (I don't even remember what other eff. it had), and it had a headphone jack. So all in all, I'd give it an 8/10
epiphone LP Custom
No amp yet, I just got back in the game.
Had a Gibson LP Studio, Mex Tele, Mex Strat, Blues Deville, and mg50. But thanx to my lovely wife, not locking the door, they all vanished
Quote by graybybush
I had a Marshall Mg50, and I liked it. Although it really depends on what your asking of it. The Mg I had, had a good clean sound, good for country and oldies. The distortion was ok, it was good for bluesy things, not really a metal amp. I had it for about 3 or 4 years until it grew legs and walked away, and I had no problems with it, and I used frequently, at learst hour a day over that time. Also came with a footswitch, to a/b the effects and the dist. Effects wise the reverb was good, I didn't play with the other effects, (I don't even remember what other eff. it had), and it had a headphone jack. So all in all, I'd give it an 8/10

Really? Most people seem to hate the MGs.