hi all, so i learnt this cool strumming technique from this guy from Holland. He's REALLY an awesome guitar player. He plays spanish guitar. I havent had a chance to talk to him about spanish harmonies and melodies yet. Q(1) Do any of you guitarists have any info on Spanish type stuff?

The most i no about Spanish is the spanish gypsy scale. Q(2) Can i use that scale to like create chords?

any info links, lessons, help
will be highly appreciated

thanks
When you say Spanish Gypsy, do you mean Phrygian Dominant, 1 b2 3 4 5 b6 b7? There are so many names for that scale; it's ridiculous.

Anyway, use Phrygian dominant and regular phrygian (1 b2 b3 4 5 b6 b7). You can toss in some diminished stuff as well.
as for chords, most minor chords work extremely well to get that Spanish, flamenco feel.
Phish Phan
DeadHead
Moe.ron
If there's a jam out there, I'm probably listening to it.

Check out the Bodatious Banana Extravaganza: http://myspace.com/bbeboston
If you really want to get a feel for spanish guitar music listen to a lot of it, download the tabs, and play it yourself. If your into spanish guitar music look up the tabs for Romanza, it's quite simple and it's spanish :P
somethin really spanishy sounding is playing an E major open chord and then sliding up the frettin fingers up 1 fret each and then strumming all the strings like this:

e--0--0-
b--0--0-
g--1--2-
d--2--3-
a--2--3-
e--0--0-

try the strumming pattern you learnt with it giving about a bar for each chord. This progression really brings out the qualities of the phrigian dominant scale (aka spanish gypsy) so try play that with those chords and you really cant fail to get the spanishy sound