i dont know about you guys but to me it sounds pretty cool. i dont mean like in a band, but just like when ur playing solo and stuff.

Or do you guys just like fingerpick and like play jack johnson?. (nothing wrong with any of that)
I usually play rock type of music, classical sounds nice, and isn't always terribly hard.. Just a lot to remember.
Quote by alexi_laiho
i really want to make a pedal-powered wheelchair...
Oh HELL Yeah! I've got carpul tunnel in my hands and my fingers are basically numb. As a result my Electric guitar playing got realy trashy because I can't feel the strings and even the slightest mis-note was amplified.
So I gave up the Electric and went strictly acoustic. But still play all the rock/blues stuff I love. BTW: Have you heard of "Hayseed Dixie".
They do acoustic (guitar,banjo fiddle) covers of AC/DC, KISS and other Rock Band songs. Check them out. They're a hoot!
I play all sorts of stuff on acoustic (steel string), especially metallica stuff (girls love it).

My classical is used strickly for finger picking stuff.

Picks + nylon strings = blasphemy (imo)

yeah man that's radical sound

last night i got new strings for my dad's 25+ year old yamaha G50 classical, and i got to tell you man the sound is awsome
I play "Killing in the Name Of" on the acoustic . Sounds awesome, but you have to ditch the solo.
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
on my acoustic the harder the rock the better the sound!!
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Being in the service, and traveling a lot I don't have much room for an amp, so I just pack my acoustic (which is an Ibanez) with me. With that said, I don't have much of a choice but to play rock on an acoustic, I think it gives most rock songs a nifty buzz to them.

Cheers, Mates.
Quote by MySweetFracture

Agreed.

I don't play rock music on a classical, that is just defilement.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
no, i do play rock sometimes on a classical, i always tore my strings thaugh cause of that, but now, im just being more careful.
Quote by nightwind
that is just defilement.

I like that word.

I do play "your revolution is a joke" by funeral for a friend and "nothing else matters" (intro part) by metallica. But still nothing with a pick.
Quote by EL Conquestidor
Oh HELL Yeah! I've got carpul tunnel in my hands and my fingers are basically numb. As a result my Electric guitar playing got realy trashy because I can't feel the strings and even the slightest mis-note was amplified.
So I gave up the Electric and went strictly acoustic. But still play all the rock/blues stuff I love. BTW: Have you heard of "Hayseed Dixie".
They do acoustic (guitar,banjo fiddle) covers of AC/DC, KISS and other Rock Band songs. Check them out. They're a hoot!

Wow ... good find my friend ... this band is F@#$!%&% awesome! Another question for all of you, sorry if I'm slightly derailing here but I feel it has to do with playing rock on acoustic. So my question is, is it worth while getting a pickup placed in your acoustic, whether it be for live shows, or whether you wanna mix some cool effects in with some acoustic playing. Personally I think the wah, and phaser sound phenomonal with an electrified acoustic. Cheers. (ps. I also recently started playing with a very light guage nylon string pick, and man does it ever make some crazy cool sound effects, both amplified and not.)
Last edited by pimnation at Aug 18, 2006,
Of course dude. Acoustic frees the soul.

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
LoL no doubt, I could not agree more. However I did experience one of the more depressing moments in my guitar "career" today, after purchasing the tab book for Brushfire Fairytales, by Jack Johnson... and realizing I cannot play a single song from it. All I can say now is there goes a perfectly good 30$. Anyone ever come across this sort of dilemma before?
good thread, I just started guitar after a 10 year hiatus n am learning how to sweep pick on my brand new seagull s6 cw folk.
I love playing rock on acoustic guitars. I played anything on my old one (currently between guitars!) I think it adds a nice classy touch to some songs, and it means you can "blues it up" which is something I like to do a lot, think Primal Scream's "Country Girl" played slow with nice little licks here and there. I also think it's the mark of a good song if it can be translated onto an acoustic - mind you, most bands create songs using an acoustic first e.g. the Beatles.

I play a lot of Jam songs, and I know that they are famous for an acoustic song (That's Entertainment) but a lot of their stuff is far more punk/new wave and pop rock, but sounds great when you rearrange it on an acoustic. Eton Rifles is a particular favourite of mine for this.

If anyone like the Jam, buy their "extras" album, which is b-sides and rarities. You can here them doing acoustic versions of their songs. Burning Sky is a great example.
is it worth while getting a pickup placed in your acoustic, whether it be for live shows, or whether you wanna mix some cool effects in with some acoustic playing.

i got an applause acoustic guitar with a pick up and the sound when u plug it in with some chorus and reverb is just amazing man. so i think gettin a pickup is def. worth it. i dont know how much they are though?
very true friend, however one word of warning, don't cheap out on the pickup.... because at this time more than any quality shines through
Rock music can be easily messed around with to go acoustic. I enjoy making songs acoustic that shouldn't be, especially synth songs. I enjoy doing an acoustic "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand" (Primitive Radio Gods) or "Oh, You Didn't Say" (The AEffect)
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
Ofcourse i play rock stuff, at first i wasn't really for the finger picking, and i didn't (and still don't ) have an electric, so i just learned a bunch of rock songs. I only recently started playing classical/fingerpicking songs, well because i got better i guess, and more acquainted with my guitar.
I always play everything on my Yamaha. Steel strings seem to burn my left hand, but I can also play my son's electric guitar with the amp.
I sometimes make some fingerpicked stuff on classical that I guess I'd classify as rock, or something similar.

I also like playing acoustic rock stuff on a steel-string, but my steel-string isn't a very good one.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
yeah,i do it often,it's kinda troublesome goin down to on the switch of my amp...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic