Page 1 of 2
Anyone know these guys? I'm listening to the song Epsilon on Pandora, these guys are pretty cool.
I like these guys, I've got the Organasm, & its pretty good imo.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
They're from Australia. Spiritech is an awesome album, especially the opener, Chinese Whispers. Love the trippy bits.
Yeah, i know Alchemist. I got organasm and the Embryonics album. Chinese whispers is a pretty sweet song. Still yet to see em in concert but
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Yet another Epic Bump.

I got Tripsis a while ago and had a glance over it, and am just now giving it the attention it deserves.

Great album, I definitely plan on aquiring some more Alchemist releases in the future.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^ thats cool, i was debating about getting tripsis, i wanted to order it overseas, cause theirs some deal you get Tripsis and Austral-alien!
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
^Well, When I say I got it, I should have said downloaded.

This is definitely the type of band i'd buy into with the spare funds. Not to mention their album artwork is generally awesome.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
^ oh ok, i only own embryonics, plan on buying most of their cds eventually!
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
The best bands on this forum seriously have the least discussion happening.

Super epic bump.

Have picked up Organasm, Lunasphere and Austral Alien. Thoroughly enjoyed all of them.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
^Grab Tripsis too when you get the chance.
LAMMERGEIER
wow, I was into them around Jar Of Kingdom / Lunasphere, saw them a couple of times. used to tape trade with Rod their drummer. cool band. haven't heard anthing of theirs in years. are they still going??? good on em!
Yeah, they just recently released Tripsis. Killer album, may even crawl into my top 10 for this year with a few more listens.
LAMMERGEIER
Organasm pwns. I've got that and Tripsis, haven't listened to the latter yet.

Amazing stuff.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Grasp at Air is my new favourite song.

I love the chorus with the Ahhh's. Been stuck in my head all day.
LAMMERGEIER
ftw.
LAMMERGEIER
I have always wanted to get into these guys but never could find torrents or someone to Soulseek it off of. Their website does not sell their albums either, last time I checked.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Wow. I started this thread and still have no albums by them.

Well, I'm downloading Tripsis now, so that'll change soon.
Quote by Scourge441
Wow. I started this thread and still have no albums by them.

Well, I'm downloading Tripsis now, so that'll change soon.

Off of what?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
I have always wanted to get into these guys but never could find torrents or someone to Soulseek it off of. Their website does not sell their albums either, last time I checked.

there's this site called ebay.com that has heaps of new and used music. give them a go
See.....big sunglasses, not Emperor sunglasses, BIG sunglasses
Quote by Phillipa C.
there's this site called ebay.com that has heaps of new and used music. give them a go

Always a last resort for me, I just don't trust them too much.

But if it comes to that I just might use it...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Dyer's Eve
^Grab Tripsis too when you get the chance.

I finally got Tripsis. It takes the cake for me.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Well, it is a mighty fine slice of awesomeness.
LAMMERGEIER
Just heard of these guys.

Suggest any songs? Not interested in albums yet, just a few songs to see if i like em.
Right, so...why the **** isn't there more discussion about them?

I haven't heard the first album yet, but the other releases are godly. Seriously, Spiritech, Organasm, Lunasphere, etc. are so much better than a lot of turds coming out now. Well, to make it recent, Tripsis is better than most tripe coming out now.

Seriously, 2 pages of discussion?
I've found Jesus
I love their cover of Eve of The War, I'm a big fan of the Jeff Wayne War of the World's soundtrack, so it just rocks my socks.
Why the hell does this band not get the attention they deserve? This thread should be 18 bajillion pages long, except that people are fucked in the head and don't know good music when they hear it.

Every single one of you bastards needs to get both Tripsis and Organasm NOW if you don't already have them.

Fuck.
Anticipation Of A High is my favorite track off of Tripsis. Incredibly talented structure.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by Scourge441
Why the hell does this band not get the attention they deserve? This thread should be 18 bajillion pages long, except that people are fucked in the head and don't know good music when they hear it.

Every single one of you bastards needs to get both Tripsis and Organasm NOW if you don't already have them.

Fuck.

QFT

Honestly. I never even say that, lol.

But these guys have it all (except for a good dosage of exposure).

I'm sure these guys work their balls off like a lot of bands and they probably get some credit in the Australian Metal scene, but I've got to say - these guys are ****ing global material. Their music is extremely well written, great structure, ORIGINAL riffs, original instrumentation/arrangements, original emotional input, and a ****ing cool atmosphere. Take a look at the production values for Organasm and tell me they aren't amazing.

It's a shame that I only got into them this month though.

But it's a bigger shame that most people will just see this thread and skip over it to talk about Children of Bodom or something bull****. Realistically, people will talk about Cynic or Opeth, who I have no problem with, but those bands (especially the latter) are getting infinitely more exposure now than Alchemist seemed to have gotten in their entire career.

It actually breaks my balls to see useless rehash drivel like Warbringer getting attention and gold like this drifting further and further into the annals of the UG metal forum. No amount of bumps will allocate the proper exposure.

But...BUMP! I already told my friends and I'm going to continue to bust their balls to well, unfortunately steal the music. I'm low on funds now, but if I saw an Alchemist album, I would seize that **** in a heartbeat.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by Tehzekester
Can't find their **** anywhere.

Here is a little shoutout to anyone wanting to find Alchemist (or anything in general really).

First off, go on google. Search in this format:

*band* *album title* *blogspot*

You're just about guaranteed to find cool underground stuff this way if you can't find it on torrents/normal filesharing.

Most of these blogs will have links to megaupload/rapidshare/other online file sharing sites that will usually get you the album in under 5 minutes.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
Here is a little shoutout to anyone wanting to find Alchemist (or anything in general really).

First off, go on google. Search in this format:

*band* *album title* *blogspot*

You're just about guaranteed to find cool underground stuff this way if you can't find it on torrents/normal filesharing.

Most of these blogs will have links to megaupload/rapidshare/other online file sharing sites that will usually get you the album in under 5 minutes.

I usually just do "album title" megaupload.

edit: this worked, I'm gonna start doing that more.
Last edited by Tehzekester at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by Tehzekester
I usually just do "album title" megaupload.

Yea, if that works, sure. But I found Alchemist through blogspot, so I'm fairly happy. This is the beauty of blogspot really. I was looking through one (deathfans.blogspot.com) and there was such an unbelievable amount of death metal that I hadn't heard of, some of which dated back to the late 80's/early 90's and in many cases had no reviews on MA.
I've found Jesus
I need to check these guys out... Since I try to listen to every damn Australian metal band there is.
Page 1 of 2