im probs going to get flamed for this but i have the chance to buy a ninties japanese telcaster 2mrw with a hard case for £180. Before anyone asks i don't know the serial number, model etc but i just would like to know if this sounds like a good deal. i understand that no one can give a definative answer without serial number etc but i'd just like to know your opinions cheers danny
A Japanese Fender Telecaster, right? It's a good deal as long as it's not some knock off brand.
cheers, do any of you know any particular things which i should look out for on mij guitars (apart from the usual; intonation, cracks, neck join, fret buzz etc)
oh and yeah a fender mij telecaster
dont forget to post up pics after you get it
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
sounds good
Quote by King ofKumbucha
yer if you dont want it, give me the guys number, i live pretty close to you, and id love to have a tele for that price
Buy that ****. I played a 90s Fender MIJ Strat Saturday. As close to having sex I will ever get this month.

Even if it's a Squier it's bound to be good, a lot of the MIJ Fender stuff is comparably better than that of the MIA today.
wait a min mit was the guy above u who said he'd buy it sorry, same sentiment to him
i've bought it now it sounds and looks immense however im not entirely sure the body and the neck match. my problem is that the neck serial number reads tlc- 62b and what i can read (it's very faded) on the neck pocket doesn't seem to be the same i've looked on the fender website and that's little help. if any one knows if this normal i'd appreciate some help, the back of the neck reads made in japan if that helps. even if the body and neck don't match im going to keep it as it's f***in mint
maybe he bought a different body or neck
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Fuck, that's an amazing price.
Buy it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30