So, I was wondering how do you know what notes are in the key? C is easy,
C D E F G A B

However, once you get to D, you have like C# instead of C natural and F# instead of F natural. Can anybody tell me all of the keys with the correct notes?
The pattern you use to get any major scale is: WWHWWWH

That is... whole-whole-half-whole-whole-whole-half. (1 fret = half step, 2 frets = whole step)

C major: C->whole->D->whole->E->half->F->whole->G->whole->A->whole->B->half->C

Now, with a different key, something that's not so simple:
E major: E->whole->F#->whole->G#->half->A->whole->B->whole->C#->whole->D#->half->E

Get it?

Memorize the circle of fifths and you won't have to do this for every major scale (there are 12---one for each note ).

Here they are...
Ab Bb C Db Eb F G

A B C# D E F# G#

Bb C D Eb F G A

B C# D# E F# G# A#

C D E F G A B

Db EB F Gb Ab Bb C

D E F# G A B C#

Eb F G Ab Bb C D

E F# G# A B C# D#

F G A Bb C D E

Gb Ab Bb Cb Db Eb F

G A B C D E F#

red
Looking for my India/Django.
I knew the WWHWWWH rule, and same with the ionian dorian phrydian lydian mixolydian aeolian locrian pattern, I just never knew how to draw the circle of fifths, so I didn't know what was sharped and what was flat.
oh dam, sorry. I completely misread your post!

But since you knew the wwhwwwh thing, and therefore all your scales... why did you ask? You already knew them... Just place them in order of number of sharps and flats. Google the Circle of 5ths.
Looking for my India/Django.
Ohh haha sorry!! I didn't think of just figuring it out by following the formula DER. But ok I think I am gonna just try to memorize the circle of fifths.
Quote by Ascendancy5
Ohh haha sorry!! I didn't think of just figuring it out by following the formula DER. But ok I think I am gonna just try to memorize the circle of fifths.
Circle of Fifths
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Hey guys. I have another quick question and I didn't bother to make a new thread.

In order to make a chord augmented, you take the 1-3-5-7, but you sharp the 7th? And same with diminished, just you flatten the 7th?
F C G D A E B - order of sharps

B E A D G C F - order of flats.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
The key of F major has one flat, Bb.

Circle of 5ths

The Circle of 5ths (Co5) is generally used for determining what notes are in what key. Some people find it extremely useful, while others never use it. I think it's a very effective tool in constructing the diatonic major scales.

Now, there are 12 keys, one for each note in the western chromatic scale. In each key there are 7 different notes, A through G. What makes all these keys different, you ask? Well, in each key there are different variations of those 7 notes. Some have sharps (#) while some have flats (b). A sharp (#) indicates that the pitch is raised one semitone, while a flat (b) indicates lowering one semitone. When writing scales you must have one of each letter A through G. In other words, you cannot have A A# C C# E E# G A, or something like that! You must have A B C D E F G A. One of each letter.

Now, on to the actual circle! This is what it looks like:
.......C........
...G.......F....
.D...........Bb.
A.............Eb
.E...........Ab.
...B.......Db...
.....F#/Gb......

The top key is C. It is the simplest key, and has no sharps or flats. As you progress clockwise (flatwise) around the Co5, you add flats, 1 per key you progress. The same is true for sharps - as you progress counterclockwise, you add sharps, 1 per key. Therefore, using this rule, you can figure out how many flats/sharps each key has. Here's a quick list:
C - 0 sharps
G - 1 sharp
D - 2 sharps
A - 3 sharps
E - 4 sharps
B - 5 sharps
F# - 6 sharps
C# - 7 sharps (often written as Db, they are enharmonic)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C - 0 flats
F - 1 flat
Bb - 2 flats
Eb - 3 flats
Ab - 4 flats
Db - 5 flats
Gb - 6 flats
Cb - 7 flats (often written as B, they are enharmonic)

Now, how do you add these sharps and flats? There is a specific order to do it in! The order for sharps is F# C# G# D# A# E# B#, while the order for flats is roughly the opposite, Bb Eb Ab Db Gb Cb Fb.

Combining all of this knowledge, you can determine the notes of any key!
C - C D E F G A B C
F - F G A Bb C D E F
Bb - Bb C D Eb F G A Bb
Eb - Eb F G Ab Bb C D Eb
Ab - Ab Bb C Db Eb F G Ab
Db - Db Eb F Gb Ab Bb C Db
Gb - Gb Ab Bb Cb Db Eb F Gb
Cb - Cb Db Eb Fb Gb Ab Bb Cb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C - C D E F G A B C
G - G A B C D E F# G
D - D E F# G A B C# D