alright..i got around $800 CAN (~$700 US) to spend on an amp. I am looking for a practice amp, NOT for gigs I am using an Ibanez SA260FMAMB, or one of the SA models (im not at home atm). I want an amp with heavy distortion, yet still musical, with smooth cleans. Multi effects if possible (reverb, chorus, etc.) I play a wide variety of things such as GnR, BLS, Tool, and many things that sound much like Satch and Vai.
All help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. i have $800 CAN but would love to save as much as could of it for other things...thanx
-l8r
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace" -Hendrix
Why are you afraid? What can the world do to you? People can laugh at you, it will do them good-laughter is always a medicine, healthful.
vox ad120vt. Modelling amp with great effects
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Quote by mikb
vox ad120vt. Modelling amp with great effects

He can afford tube with that budget. I've been suggesting it a lot lately, but test out the Traynor YCV50 Blue. Bought one recently, wonderful amp.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
okay, 1 thing tho..how often (approx) you gotta replace the tube in the YCV50 Blue if say..i were to do minimal amount of gigs, mostly practice?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will be at peace" -Hendrix
Why are you afraid? What can the world do to you? People can laugh at you, it will do them good-laughter is always a medicine, healthful.
Quote by killer1201
okay, 1 thing tho..how often (approx) you gotta replace the tube in the YCV50 Blue if say..i were to do minimal amount of gigs, mostly practice?

Every 2 or 3 years.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.