Just a useless bunch of artist addicted to lsd
3 2%
Couldn't care less
2 1%
The origin of today's modern rock
34 25%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 2
i just wanted to this very particular period of rock n' roll to have it's own space....

say whatever you want about it.....songs...albums...artist...news....opinions.......feel

free!!!

(p.s. i wasn't sure if this was the right forum but it was the most appropriate)

you can also talk about everything related to lsd and other drug's and there influence on these bands
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk
Syd Barret pwns.
Member #11 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join

Quote by MuffinMan
Women: the newest form of currency.
well... the doors, jimi hendrix, pink floyd, cream,grateful dead, T. Rex and jefferson airplane all freaking pwn.

this thread is good. now we just need someone cool (or a super-dumb n00b) to post here and make it interesting.
CTHC
Quote by MusicHead32
Syd Barret pwns.

fo sho
Epi Les Paul w EMG 81/85
Westone Dimension IV
Crate XT120R

your metallica covers receive iron_maiden97's official "Good Cover Seal"

SAY WHO GIVES A F**K!!!
Psychadelic Rock always makes me feel so positive and full of energy. It also makes me wish I lived back in the 60's and that I could relate with the artist. I always wonder what goes through their head when they write the stuff that they do.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by Sherman901
Psychadelic Rock always makes me feel so positive and full of energy. It also makes me wish I lived back in the 60's and that I could relate with the artist. I always wonder what goes through their head when they write the stuff that they do.

Exactly, sometimes I wish I was alive when this musical renaissance was going on.
What to you is the quintesential psychadelic song?

To me it's Light My Fire, earthy lyrics with long improvised solos and trippy vocals, either that or Voodoo Child (Slight Return) for its wah and the solos and just pure hendrixian quality of it.
I'd have to say, the quintessential Psychedelic rock song, White Rabbit- Jefferson Airplane, just because its one of the more recognized psychedelic songs, and it pretty much describes an era. not to mention its a ****in great song
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
Quote by BreakingTheGirl
T. Rex

lol
T.Rex is anything but 60s rock
maybe it's Tyrannosaurus Rex that you're talking about

Quote by Supreme WarHawk
HAWKWIND. Anyone else ever heard of them?

Hell yeah
Silver machine pwns as much as Lemmy does.

but then again, they're not really 60s psychedelic rock
My Spanish Hearts
apart from the bands mentioned above.

heard about bands like 13th Floor Elevators, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Country Joe and the Fish or Spirit? They're pretty damned good.

And it's a crime if bands like Beatles, Who and Rollings are not mentioned when it comes to psychedelic
My Spanish Hearts
For me, I'm more of a fan of the San Fransisco psychedelic bands such as The Grateful Dead, The Jefferson Airplane, and Quicksilver Messenger Service.

Of course, there is no denying that, as rx_eb stated, British rock bands such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and The Who definitely had some psychedelic influences in their songs, but of course the Syd Barret era of Pink Floyd was one of the best British psychedelic bands.

I also enjoy bands such as The Doors, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and of course, Traffic.

I've listened to many other psychedelic bands, including Iron Butterfly and Spirit, and have heard many individual songs from numerous garage psychedelic bands from the 60s on the box set Nuggets.

rx_eb, I've only heard one song by Country Joe and the Fish (I've heard Country Joe's "Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die Rag, but that's only performed by Country Joe), and that was "Rock and Soul Music", and, if you haven't guessed, I saw/hear both of these performances on the Woodstock DVD.

So what are some albums you would recommend by Country Joe and the Fish? I've been reading about the band some recently, but I don't know if they're really worth spending money on or not.
Last edited by TheHeartbreaker at Aug 17, 2006,
Quote by Sherman901
Psychadelic Rock always makes me feel so positive and full of energy. It also makes me wish I lived back in the 60's and that I could relate with the artist.

If you can understand its energy and positivity, you can relate to the artist.

Quote by rx_eb
lol
but then again, they're not really 60s psychedelic rock

They're more 70's space rock, but they do take a fat chunk of inspiration (and... lifestyle choices? ) from the 60's psychedelia.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
i have a grateful dead acid test show.. pretty weird **** there.

i love in platoon the scene when they're on the base and you see the 2 soldiers walking across some barrier thing with the sun setting in vietnam and the music in the background is white rabbit.. just fits so ****ing perfectly
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
rx_eb, I've only heard one song by Country Joe and the Fish (I've heard Country Joe's "Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die Rag, but that's only performed by Country Joe), and that was "Rock and Soul Music", and, if you haven't guessed, I saw/hear both of these performances on the Woodstock DVD.

So what are some albums you would recommend by Country Joe and the Fish? I've been reading about the band some recently, but I don't know if they're really worth spending money on or not.

The Woodstock version of FLIFTDR didn't really impress me. but it's a brilliant song however.

the album 'Electric Music for the Mind and Body' is terrific. I love the album so much I once listened to it for week straight. but that's just me. If you like Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow then 'Electric Music for the Mind and Body' is really worth a listen.

and

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Definetly.

ah ha. This must be the 4th or 5th time that you spelled the word incorrectly
Don't know why but it pisses me off whenever an UGer misspells it.

Definitely
My Spanish Hearts
and uhm Vanilla Fudge.

I can still remember their trippy cover of You Keep me Hangin On. love it

they'd covered lots of Beatles' songs. Didn't they
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by rx_eb
ah ha. This must be the 4th or 5th time that you spelled the word incorrectly
Don't know why but it pisses me off whenever an UGer misspells it.

Definitely

NO!

Thanks for telling me, though, so I won't do that anymore, but because of my serious case of OCD for spelling/grammar, I'll probably correct that word in all of my past posts.

Thanks for the recommendations, too, I really like Surrealistic Pillow, so I'll check out that Country Joe and the Fish album.
i have a country joe original lp, there really good, one of the best psichedelic-protest bands of the 60's too bad there not known musch thought...
Isn't Revolver considered to be the first Psychadelic album????

Well, if it is or isn't, its a great album overall.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Isn't Revolver considered to be the first Psychadelic album????

Well, if it is or isn't, its a great album overall.

It just brought it into pop culture, and the masses.
I belive the first song was The Byrd's, 'Eight Miles High'.
Other than that, I'm not quite sure of the first real album.
Quote by telex289
i have a grateful dead acid test show.. pretty weird **** there.

i love in platoon the scene when they're on the base and you see the 2 soldiers walking across some barrier thing with the sun setting in vietnam and the music in the background is white rabbit.. just fits so ****ing perfectly

Dude! You have to send me that acid test show. I wanna see it so much, or post it somewhere in this thread or send it on aim.
Trey is a Jedi.

Quote by rx_eb

the album 'Electric Music for the Mind and Body' is terrific. I love the album so much I once listened to it for week straight. but that's just me. If you like Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow then 'Electric Music for the Mind and Body' is really worth a listen.

Yeah, 'Electric Music for the Mind and Body' is one of their best I think (i also have "c j fish", "i'm feeling like...", "here we are again").

I particulary like the song "not so sweet martha lorraine"
Quote by AdayTripper

Man, I love The Byrds, and that album.

I can't believe I forgot to mention them; they're one of my favorites bands.
Quote by Pineapple17
I particulary like the song "not so sweet martha lorraine"

My Spanish Hearts
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I don't believe that they've been mentioned yet, but does anyone listen to The Soft Machine?

I've heard about them somewhere

can't remember
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by AdayTripper

I don't know, I think Surrealistic Pillow brought psychadelia to the masses, due to the popularity of "White Rabbit"
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Quote by AdayTripper

I read an article on the 40th anniversary on Revolver, that magazine claimed it to be the first psychedelic album.

You better have not lied to me Guitar World
Sent from my iPad.
This is getting kinda boring......has anybody here in ug tried lsd ? or at least knows something about it? it would be cool too have a nice discussion on it...

first of all: i really think that lsd changed rock n' roll ( and don't start bul****tingme that it didn't)
I like straberry pie

don't you?

camgirls.uk
Quote by angus69
you can also talk about everything related to lsd and other drug's and there influence on these bands

Quote by MusicHead32
Syd Barret pwns.

Har har.

I'm actually starting to listen to The Grateful Dead. They seemed like an influential band of the time. I already listen to Pink Floyd, Iron Butterfly, Hendrix, and many more great bands of the era, and I'm just trying to broaden my knowledge of great 60's bands.
^ Listen to some Jefferson Airplane, they were the greatest psychedelic band of their time. Bar none. But also look more into the Dead, i've got quite a bit of their live shows downloaded, but if you want to hear some great dead, go to www.archive.org , they have a whole section dedicated to their live shows.
Trey is a Jedi.

Quote by frippogenics
I hate psychedelia. What a useless genre.

it's a point but maybe you have forgotten that if there wasn't this era there weren't be hendrix, the who, and all the best beatles songs so shut the f uck up! or just say you don't like classic rock! so you can say you don't like it ( wich i can understand
) but not that it was useless!!
I like straberry pie

don't you?

camgirls.uk
hell yeah, acid rock as i like to call it seems so much more true and rich than any other music these days.

anyone else actually like to drop acid occasionally?
Quote by frippogenics
I hate psychedelia. What a useless genre.

? I thought you were like the God and know it all of psychedelia on this forum?

Edit: to PeacefulRocker, I would if i could ever find any, no one around can hardly even get shrooms or weed, let alone acid. sucks.
Trey is a Jedi.

Page 1 of 2