I have a lot of pedals, all of which I use. However I don't like the way the make my tone sound if I plug them all together. I know effect loops can save your tone, however my amp (Vox AD-30) doesn't have one. I don't really have the money to buy a new amp with one at the moment, but I'd really like to have an effects loop. Is there any other way to create one, with a pedal or something?
Good point. The AD100VT has a effects loop, though thats very expensive. I don't think you can simulate one without actually having the plugs on your amp (Loop Out/In)
An amp tech or an electronics guy should be able to custom build an effects loop into your amp if you want to keep your current one instead of upgrading to another amp. I'm not sure how much it would cost you; my guess would be 50-75 USD for the parts and labor.
Only certain effects are meant to be in the effects loop. Pedals like OD and distortion are meant to be in between the guitar and amp. Modulation effects are meant for the loop. EQ's can be placed in either place.