can someone teach me how to play this E:------12-h17-p12--------------------------------
B:----13----------13--------------------------
G:--14 --------------14------------------------
D:----------------------------------------
A:----------------------------------------
E:--------------------------------------- i know how to sweep pick but when i try to play this it sounds horrible
um could you wrap that in code tags so somebody can understand it?

Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Wrap it up!
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.

R M I    P   I M R
E|-----12-h17-p12------|
B|---13----------13----|
G|-14---------------14-|
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|

[B]I[/B] = Index finger.
[B]M[/B] = Middle finger.
[B]R[/B] = Ring finger.
[B]P[/B] = Pinky.

I think you're asking for a desirable fingering, so that's how I'd play it.

If not, apologies
Isn't that from Everytime I Die by Bodom?

It's from dozens of different songs.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
it sounds okay when i go up the arpeggio but sounds terrible wen i go down , can someone tell me how i should go down because i play that note on the 12 fret 1st string and it sounds like im doing another arpeggio goin down .
u prolly got the wrong fingering...
or picking...

the shape should be played with the same fingering up & down, with reverse picking from going up (all upstrokes going up, all downstrokes going down)
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
i think i got it . your suppose to hit the 17th fret with an upstroke and then pull it off . someone correct me if im wrong .
^You're not supposed to pick the 17th fret at all. After you've picked the 12th fret, you hammer on to the 17th, then pull off back to the 12th, your upstroke starts on the 13th.
i would agree with Johnny boy on this one, 14,13,12 all upstrokes, then hammer on to 17 and pull off back to 12, then downstroke on the 13,14.... thats waht i would do at least
technically, shouldn't the 17th fret be picked upwards, and then use a pull-off?
not a hammer+pull?

that's my approach anyway; works very well...
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
^The tab says 12h17p12... that generally means pick 12, hammer on to 17 and pull of back to 12... but there's nothing stopping you from doing it another way.
             E|------12-h17-p12----------------------|
            B|---13----------------13------------------|
            G|14----------------------14---------------|
            D|-----------------------------14-----------|
            A|---------------------------------15-------|
            E|-------------------------------------------|                                      

there's the full appergio, im sure there's alot more but this one is very common

and i suck at coding, i dont even know how to do it
Yeah, the guys who are telling you not to pick the 17 are right. (Although you could soft pick the 17 on the upstroke, it's a preference thing.) The hard part is timing the pause with yourpicking hand so you don't get ahead of yourself. Do it slow first. If you have a metronome USE IT!!! Start slow get it down perfect then, speed it up a bit. You'll get it.
Last edited by magicninja_ at Aug 18, 2006,