Hey,

I currently have an Epi LP Studio. My friend suggested I get an Epi LP Elitist. Any thoughts? I did see an Epi LP Elitist Custom or Standard.
Is an Epi LP Elitist alot better than an Epi LP Studio? Or should i just put some new pickups in the studio?
Epi Studios are crap, a Epi Elitist (any elitist) is easily on par with every thing gibson except custom shop.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
The elitist is put together a lot better, and it has american made electronics (the same Gibson uses). What is your budget? Elitists go for around $1100, but you have a beginner's amp, which should be upgraded, because you already have a good intermediate guitar. If you have enough money, get yourself a nice tube combo, and you can upgrade the pickups later down the road. IMO, it would be useless to go from a LP Studio to an Elitist.
he said Epi studio not gibson. he needs a different guitar more than an amp (that guitar being a $1100 Epi elitist is up to him)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Yes, I have an Epi Studio. Yes, the budget isn't an issue. Just wondering if I should get the Epi Elitist or put some new Seymours in my Epi Studio

What's the better route?
Putting Symours in a Epi Studio isnt worth it, as the entire guitar is crap (good for beginners only), the elitist would be a big step up. (like going from a first car to a Ferrari.) and If you can affoard it, it is a wise choice because you wont have to worry about the guitar for a decade or so.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
The Pups are better, it is made out of solid wood (not Plywood like the studio), the electronics are better, the quality is much better, the hardware is better. Basically everything is better.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Even if you do get the Elitist, the Peavey Rage won't bring out the best in the guitar. Again, IMO, the studio would sound better through a nice amp than an Elitist will through a solid state. I know that you said you want a guitar, but if I were you, I'd upgrade the amp instead of the guitar.

Just my opinion though...
Id say get a nice Epi (If you want a LP/ SG/ Hollow body) or a Fender (if you like Single Coils) and an

Epi Tube amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?N=100001+306271+200990&Ns=P_Price|0&page=1

or a Fender Blues Jr
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480512

Or some other Reasonably cheap Tube amp.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1