I don't know if it helps but I have a Yamaha FG700S and can't figure out how to put it on.

On my electric, I could just put the two holes on the two knotch things.

Please help, I'm a n00b.
u gotta use a rope or old shoelace to tie one end to the headstock, under the strings
Put one end of the strap at the strap peg at the bottom end of the guitar, and take a piece of shoelace or something of that matter and thread it through your strap. Then tie it under the strings directly behind the nut.
[Insert Witty/Humorous Comment Here]
it would be sumwat visible... but look at everyone elses... unless they had another strap thing put on they have a shoelace..... its classic acoustic look.... just go with a shoelace... its easy and doesnt look bad just dont have too much shoelace between the guitar and the strap
i have a fg700 also. tie one end on the knob on the end of the guitar, the other use some kind of string and tie it under the strings around the neck near the headstock.
your strap should look somewhat like these (with the string)...or you could go bye one of these

I think most acoustics only have one strap button. This is how it should look with the shoelace

Or if you're really vain...you can mount a second strap button on it. I got mine done for like $12 at the local shop. You can do it yourself for a third of that.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
what hieght does any one else use unlike the pic of that dude i have my acoustic at a hieght of just above my knees like a bass player i have long arms so it helps doesa any one else use this hieght????
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
You can play with it slung that low, but it'll limit your abuility...or at least your posture. Even with long arms, you'll probably find that you'll play better if it were at waist level.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
i tried up high like it is supposed to be put isnt as comfortafle as it is down low and it doesnt do anything bad to my posture or ability.
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.